Author Topic: McCain prays Palin stays out of SC primary  (Read 972 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain prays Palin stays out of SC primary
« on: December 18, 2013, 05:12:29 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/193511-mccain-prays-palin-stays-out-of-sc-primary

December 18, 2013, 11:06 am
McCain prays Palin stays out of SC primary

By Mario Trujillo

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said he prayed Sarah Palin does not get involved in a GOP Senate primary fight in South Carolina.

But the Arizona senator said he does not expect her to target the primary fight with his friend, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.).

“Oh, I pray she wouldn’t do that,” McCain told The New York Times in a wide-ranging interview. “And you know, I find it hard to believe that she would.”

Palin, McCain’s vice presidential running mate in 2008, has hinted about targeting South Carolina and a number of other states housing GOP incumbents up for reelection.

During the interview, he continued to defend Palin but appeared uninterested in re-litigating his pick for running mate.

“I’ve moved on,” McCain said. “What’s the statute of limitations on this issue?”

In the lengthy profile released Wednesday, Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) says McCain’s two defining moments in life were his time in a prisoner-of-war camp and “his failure to win the presidency.”

Looking to 2016, McCain said he would vote for the Republican ticket when asked if he would consider supporting Hillary Clinton if Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) — with whom McCain has had dustups — won the GOP nomination.

“I will support the Republican ticket,” he said

He added: “With all due respect, that is a foolish question, my friend.”

At another point during the profile, McCain was asked if Cruz’s trip to Nelson Mandela’s funeral was a wise decision. He was the only Republican on the trip.

“Would it help you if I called Cruz a wacko bird again?” McCain said, referring to past comments he has since apologized for.

Earlier this year, he joked it would be a tough decision to vote for Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) over Clinton.

McCain said earlier this year he is strongly considering running for reelection. He had previously hinted that this could be his last term.

During the Times profile, McCain worried about rapidly aging after retirement. He is 77 years old.

“My grandfather actually flew home from the peace-signing on the Missouri and died,” McCain said. “I have seen people age dramatically when they go into retirement.”

His daughter also expressed little excitement about running in a “Tea Party election” during another reelection bid in Arizona.

“I’m really not psyched about going back to Arizona to do another Tea Party election,” Meghan McCain said. “I honestly don’t know how much more of that I can hear.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: McCain prays Palin stays out of SC primary
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 05:42:30 pm »
“Would it help you if I called Cruz a wacko bird again?” McCain said, referring to past comments he has since apologized for.

Earlier this year, he joked it would be a tough decision to vote for Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) over Clinton.
Geez. Just shut up, you old fool.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 06:21:08 pm »
“I’m really not psyched about going back to Arizona to do another Tea Party election,” Meghan McCain said. “I honestly don’t know how much more of that I can hear.”

Suffer, bitch.  :smokin:

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 06:31:27 pm »
Not a big Palin fan, but I do hope she raises hell in the SC primary.  She might make things very interesting for light in the loafers Lindsey.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 11:55:19 pm »
“Oh, I pray she wouldn’t do that,” McCain told The New York Times in a wide-ranging interview. “And you know, I find it hard to believe that she would.”

DO IT SARAH!

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 03:52:36 am »
The rest of us can only pray that you stay out of the Senate.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 07:35:12 am »
Looking to 2016, McCain said he would vote for the Republican ticket when asked if he would consider supporting Hillary Clinton if Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) — with whom McCain has had dustups — won the GOP nomination.

“I will support the Republican ticket,” he said

He added: “With all due respect, that is a foolish question, my friend.”

This guy is called a "Republican In Name Only."  ridiculous
He picked Sarah Palin to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/22/magazine/john-mccain.html?pagewanted=4

he wishes Palin had consulted him about some of the endorsements she has made of Republican primary challengers but that he will never go public with any of his regrets. “Good luck trying to get that out of him,” his daughter Meghan McCain told me, laughing.
He reaffirms his allegiance to Palin, saying that she was unfairly attacked in 2008 and that “the liberal-left feminists” felt threatened by her.

I read this interview much differently than others.  Of course I actually read the interview not the regurgitated bile at the Hill.  Some times humor translates poorly through the written word.  This reporter seems bent on picking a fight with McCain and Cruz or Palin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/22/magazine/john-mccain.html?pagewanted=7&_r=0

Would he consider supporting an Independent presidential candidate if Ted Cruz were the Republican nominee? “No, because I have to respect the process.” Would he support his friend Hillary Clinton in a head to head against Cruz? “I will support the Republican ticket,” he says, then adds: “With all due respect, that is a foolish question, my friend.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/22/magazine/john-mccain.html?pagewanted=3

McCain mentions that Congress’s approval ratings are now so low “we’re down to paid staffers and blood relatives.” He drops this line so often that probably the only people on the planet who haven’t heard it are in Australia. Everyone laughs, and McCain adds that he recently received a call from his 101-year-old mother, and she’s not happy with Congress, either. “So now we’re down to just paid staff,” he says

McCain likes to tell jokes.

At the last meeting the reporter tries to get him to say anything negative about the right wing..
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/22/magazine/john-mccain.html?pagewanted=9&_r=0

It was the day after Nelson Mandela’s memorial, which McCain said he was invited to but “couldn’t justify” attending because there was too much going on in Washington. This could be construed as a slap at Cruz, who was the only senator who did attend. I asked him what he thought about Cruz going — trying to bait him, yes. (I was a blind hog seeking an acorn.) But McCain wasn’t playing. “Would it help you if I called Cruz a wacko bird again?”

It's a joke spun to be a dig at conservatives by the left.  Eat it up conservatives and stay angry for the sake of the left.  Good boy.

I don't know why McCain doesn't have the right to politely express his opinion on politics. “You spend five years in a box, and you’re entitled to speak your mind.” - Bob Dole

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 05:23:49 pm »

If you do not think that McCain is a RINO, then obviously no RINOs exist in your universe.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 05:26:58 pm »

And picking her was largely responsible for most of the votes the RINO bastard got!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 06:05:08 pm »
I seem to recall McCain's numbers jumping ahead of O-selfie after the Palin pick.  :pondering:

Offline happyg

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 06:15:37 pm »
I seem to recall McCain's numbers jumping ahead of O-selfie after the Palin pick.  :pondering:

Yep! They tanked again when he left the campaign to vote for TARP. He lost all by himself because he thinks he's a know-it-all.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 07:53:53 pm »
Yep! They tanked again when he left the campaign to vote for TARP. He lost all by himself because he thinks he's a know-it-all.

His vote for TARP and that stupid Wisconsin townhall where he told the woman in the audience there was nothing to fear from a President Obama that O is a FINE MAN.

In McCain's universe O is a fine man and Cruz and Lee are Wacko Birds.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 07:54:30 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 04:15:18 pm »
And picking her was largely responsible for most of the votes the RINO bastard got!

Beer!

And a very Merry Christmas

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote