Author Topic: Harry Reid’s new pal: Rand Paul  (Read 558 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Harry Reid’s new pal: Rand Paul
« on: December 19, 2013, 11:07:03 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=19787868-597A-4E1F-B300-287FA07D846C

Harry Reid’s new pal: Rand Paul
By: Seung Min Kim
December 19, 2013 01:46 PM EST

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has a new — and unlikely — BFF: Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.).

Reid talked up the junior — yet influential — Republican senator on Thursday during a news conference, noting that the two met relatively recently to talk about a wide range of issues, including the Federal Reserve — which Reid said they spent much time discussing.

“I spent a lot of time with him and I’ve grown to really like him,” Reid said. “Even though he has some set political views, he wants to get things done here.”

Reid later quipped: “I hope I don’t ruin him with the Republicans.”

In an interview one day earlier, Paul’s recollection of the meeting didn’t seem as cheery as Reid’s. Paul has been demanding a vote on his “Audit the Fed” bill, using the threat of holding up Janet Yellen’s nomination to chair the Federal Reserve as leverage.

As of now, the Yellen vote will most likely come sometime Saturday if there is no agreement to speed up the clock on nominations.

“We’re up against the iron fist of Harry Reid,” Paul had said then. “There’s going to be no time yielded back by any Republicans. It’s not just about Audit the Fed, it’s about whether or not there’s going to be cooperation in this place and right now, there’s no cooperation.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Harry Reid’s new pal: Rand Paul
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 03:20:18 am »
Sounds like Reid is trying to sow the seeds of dissension.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Harry Reid’s new pal: Rand Paul
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 09:27:57 am »
“I spent a lot of time with him and I’ve grown to really like him,” Reid said. “Even though he has some set political views, he wants to get things done here.”

“We’re up against the iron fist of Harry Reid,” Paul had said then. “There’s going to be no time yielded back by any Republicans. It’s not just about Audit the Fed, it’s about whether or not there’s going to be cooperation in this place and right now, there’s no cooperation.”

When I don't know what's going on I look at the guy who is smiling, and figure that is the guy who is happy, and then I figure that is the guy who is winning.

Its not a 100% tried and true theorem, but more often than not.

Paul sounds very angry.

You ever notice good advertisers don't try to sell a product with anger.  "I'll kill ya if you don't buy a McRib."  "Damn Irish - Drink Coke"  "When I beat my wife I use Ike Turner © brand hand protectors"

Paul is too intelligent to think like a LIV.  He needs to work on that.  He needs to dumb down his message and he needs to smile.

Well maybe he could just try to sound like he's in control instead of so panicky, with his empty threats.