Author Topic:  (Read 257 times)

Offline Rapunzel

« on: December 18, 2013, 03:14:35 AM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 03:15:15 AM »
Has anyone checked Judge Jean Boyd's financial transactions of late.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 06:31:48 AM »
Bad as this is, why does it take something like this to exemplify the difference between the rich and the rest of us regarding crime and punishment?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 07:12:54 AM »
Bad as this is, why does it take something like this to exemplify the difference between the rich and the rest of us regarding crime and punishment?

It's relatable. Most "rich" crimes that hit the news are either celebrities or pretty esoteric to the average voter. I mean, your 20 something crawling the news will feel a bit of indignation at Madoff, for example, but it doesn't really click. Lindsey Lohan pulled up for driving while drunk and coked up again? She's a celeb, nothing to do with my life. Of course she's treated differently, she's famous. (That, sadly, is an exact quote from a friend of my daughters).

I'd like to see these pictures spread far and wide. Guy kills 4 people, maims 2 more, after a few under aged drinks and his sentence is to live in luxury? The rehab center is nicer than my house! How is that going to play out in the poorer areas?

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf