Author Topic: Baba Wawa on Obama: 'We thought he was going to be the next Messiah'  (Read 1689 times)

rangerrebew

Barbara Walters on Obama: ‘We Thought He Was Going To Be The Next Messiah’

By Noel Sheppard

Created 12/17/2013 - 9:33pm

Yes, she really said it.

On CNN’s Piers Morgan Live Tuesday, in a brief discussion about President Obama, Barbara Walters actually said, “We thought that he was going to be - I shouldn't say this at Christmastime, but - the next messiah” (video follows with transcript and commentary):

PIERS MORGAN, HOST: You have interviewed every president of my lifetime. Why is Obama facing so much opposition now? Why is he struggling so much to really fulfill the great flame of ambition and excitement that he was elected on originally in 2009?

BARBARA WALTERS: Well, you've touched on it to a degree. He made so many promises. We thought that he was going to be - I shouldn't say this at Christmastime, but - the next messiah. And the whole ObamaCare, or whatever you want to call it, the Affordable Health Act, it just hasn't worked for him, and he’s stumbled around on it, and people feel very disappointed because they expected more.

It's very difficult when the expectations for you are very high. You're almost better off when they are low and then they rise and rise. His were very high and they’ve dropped. But you know, he still has several years to go. What does he have, three years, Piers? And, you know, there will be a lot of changes, one thinks in that time.

Just imagine someone of Walters’ stature actually admitting that she and others expected Obama to be the next messiah.

Quite a thing to say on the very day a new poll found this president having the lowest approval rating of any since Nixon.

It's also worth noting that this came the day after the Washington Post said Obama was responsible for three of the top ten biggest Pinocchios of the year, and five days after PolitiFact awarded him the Lie of the Year.

Some messiah, Barbara.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/12/17/barbara-walters-obama-we-thought-he-was-going-be-next-messiah
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:42:24 am by rangerrebew »

Offline happyg

Re: Baba Wawa on Obama: 'We thought he was going to be the next Messiah'
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 01:20:08 pm »
They knew nothing about the man, but in their warped minds, he was the Second Coming.  He had never done anything to give one iota of evidence to show he was a genius. People like Bawa made it up in their minds, and believed their own fairy tales. She still hasn't given up on him, thinking he still can fulfill his messiah role in the next three years. We are up against a bunch of people who live in ga-ga land, who hold the same dreams they had as young children, only this time, with a vengeance. Stupid, crazy, fools, all of them!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 01:30:54 pm »
It's actually a bit scary.....the obvious disconnect with reality with these people.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:33:30 pm »
It's actually a bit scary.....the obvious disconnect with reality with these people.
It really is. And these are the people we (at least in the past) relied upon to inform us on current events! Thank goodness we're no longer limited to the network news media for such information or we'd have no idea what's going on.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 01:34:36 pm »
It must be disheartening to realize that the Messiah you elected turns out to be a bumbling idiot....or maybe not...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 01:59:38 pm »
They knew nothing about the man, but in their warped minds, he was the Second Coming.  He had never done anything to give one iota of evidence to show he was a genius. People like Bawa made it up in their minds, and believed their own fairy tales. She still hasn't given up on him, thinking he still can fulfill his messiah role in the next three years. We are up against a bunch of people who live in ga-ga land, who hold the same dreams they had as young children, only this time, with a vengeance. Stupid, crazy, fools, all of them!

Exactly right.  These people don't think in terms of substance, achievement, results.  In the last 5 years, I have been amazed by the sheer volume of gaggling followers this country is now comprised of.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 02:00:34 pm »

goopo

This is truly insanity.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 02:01:00 pm »
Yeah.  Who knew?  @$$holes.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 02:02:03 pm »

Even scarier is the number of people who place (any) value on what these people think...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 02:03:05 pm »

It is just basic immaturity. Liberals still believe in fairy tales and unicorns. They still believe, like children, that if they wish 'really, really, hard', they can make their fantasies and delusions become real.

They saw the reality, but they wanted so much for their poor little Black boy to be able to come in and show the stupid arrogant White Christian people how to do it, that they disregarded his lack of any qualifications or any achievements or accomplishments in his past.

Then they started trumpeting his 'degrees' from famous universities all of which are unproven and undocumented, and how he was a "Constitutional Law 'Professor'" because he guest lectured part-time a few times at Havard solely based on the the fact that he was a Black man in Havard, (which was very unique at that time) and not based on any credentials or knowledge he had.

We now know that Obama attended those schools most likely based on fraud, as a foriegn exchange student. And, there is no independently verifiable evidence that he ever graduated from any of them, or what his GPA was. Did these colleges just graduate him to get rid of him? They wouldn't want the Black guy to flunk out, now would they.

Obama himself is the exactly copy of the sign lanuage guy at Mandella's wake. They could be brothers. Obama is a guy with no qualifications, no idea what he is doing, standing on stage signing gibberish,....and the world applauds, just like the good little lemmings they are.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 02:04:23 pm »

Yes, some of them are actually insane.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 02:04:45 pm »

Obama himself is the exactly copy of the sign lanuage guy at Mandella's wake. They could be brothers. Obama is a guy with no qualifications, no idea what he is doing, standing on stage signing gibberish,....and the world applauds, just like the good little lemmings they are.

:thumbsup:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 02:05:14 pm »

The disconnect is absolutely stunning in its magnitude.  Stunning.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 02:10:00 pm »
Exactly right.  These people don't think in terms of substance, achievement, results.  In the last 5 years, I have been amazed by the sheer volume of gaggling followers this country is now comprised of.

Yes, being "gaggling followers" has been firmly enculturated into our society.  It has become a cruelly distorted badge of "honor" for so many.  smh

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 02:14:06 pm »

It is just basic immaturity. Liberals still believe in fairy tales and unicorns. They still believe, like children, that if they wish 'really, really, hard', they can make their fantasies and delusions become real.

They saw the reality, but they wanted so much for their poor little Black boy to be able to come in and show the stupid arrogant White Christian people how to do it, that they disregarded his lack of any qualifications or any achievements or accomplishments in his past.

Then they started trumpeting his 'degrees' from famous universities all of which are unproven and undocumented, and how he was a "Constitutional Law 'Professor'" because he guest lectured part-time a few times at Havard solely based on the the fact that he was a Black man in Havard, (which was very unique at that time) and not based on any credentials or knowledge he had.

We now know that Obama attended those schools most likely based on fraud, as a foriegn exchange student. And, there is no independently verifiable evidence that he ever graduated from any of them, or what his GPA was. Did these colleges just graduate him to get rid of him? They wouldn't want the Black guy to flunk out, now would they.

Yes, yes, yes; very true.  One tiny point: the myth has it that he was a adjunct lecturer at the University of Chicago (but then again, I may have missed the part about him "lecturing" at Harvard).

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 02:28:46 pm »

Wow!  This is a GREAT parallel!

Someone needs to take that photo of the two of them, and photoshop it with some clever caption saying just this.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 02:30:38 pm »
Yes, yes, yes; very true.  One tiny point: the myth has it that he was a adjunct lecturer at the University of Chicago (but then again, I may have missed the part about him "lecturing" at Harvard).

yeah............and he wasn't even an adjunct.

Just a guest lecturer, which requires no credentials whatsoever, except in the mind of the leftist prof who wanted him to speak.

As in everything else, this is fraudulent.

Not only is he not the Messiah...............he's a nobody.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 02:34:26 pm »
A liberal will also insist that a news outlet reporting news or analysis they disagree with be boycotted or shut down.  A liberal will walk into a public establishment with a TV already set to Fox and demand the channel be changed.

This happened to me recently: I was sitting at a restaurant bar with some friends enjoying a meal, and they had Fox on the TV we were watching.  A group of lesbians came in, and the dikeiest one demanded the channel be changed to CNN--even though there were plenty of other sets at the bar they could watch. 

I just leaned over to her and said "excuse me, but I am watching this" when what I was thinking was "okay you effing rude carpet-muncher, you're going to sit here and suffer." :laugh:  So the bartender changed the channel of another TV to CNN, and what did the lesbian group do?  They sat there and watched the Fox broadcast!  Probably because Brett Baer's news broadcast was far more slick, interesting and informative than the drivel CNN had on at the time--some popular culture moron being reported on for 10 minutes.   

I made sure to eat slowly so they had to endure Fox on that one TV for another 30 or so minutes--I'm sure that gaggle of liberals had the channel changed as I was leaving the restaurant. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 02:36:26 pm »
A liberal will also insist that a news outlet reporting news or analysis they disagree with be boycotted or shut down.  A liberal will walk into a public establishment with a TV already set to Fox and demand the channel be changed.

This happened to me recently: I was sitting at a restaurant bar with some friends enjoying a meal, and they had Fox on the TV we were watching.  A group of lesbians came in, and the dikeiest one demanded the channel be changed to CNN--even though there were plenty of other sets at the bar they could watch. 

I just leaned over to her and said "excuse me, but I am watching this" when what I was thinking was "okay you effing rude carpet-muncher, you're going to sit here and suffer." :laugh:  So the bartender changed the channel of another TV to CNN, and what did the lesbian group do?  They sat there and watched the Fox broadcast!  Probably because Brett Baer's news broadcast was far more slick, interesting and informative than the drivel CNN had on at the time--some popular culture moron being reported on for 10 minutes.   

I made sure to eat slowly so they had to endure Fox on that one TV for another 30 or so minutes--I'm sure that gaggle of liberals had the channel changed as I was leaving the restaurant.

Well played!!   :patriot:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 02:41:04 pm »

The media has put out so much disinformation about this guy, who can know what is true. The story I saw, I think on MSNBC, clearly had him lecturing as a "Law Professor" at Harvard, but who knows? The story changes almost every day.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2013, 03:05:42 pm »
yeah............and he wasn't even an adjunct.

Just a guest lecturer, which requires no credentials whatsoever, except in the mind of the leftist prof who wanted him to speak.

As in everything else, this is fraudulent.

Not only is he not the Messiah...............he's a nobody.

Quite possibly the largest (and cruelest) hoax ever perpetuated.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2013, 03:09:34 pm »

The media has put out so much disinformation about this guy, who can know what is true. The story I saw, I think on MSNBC, clearly had him lecturing as a "Law Professor" at Harvard, but who knows? The story changes almost every day.

Yup, he's as much of a "Law Professor" as a Hoops McCann wannabe!!  lol

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2013, 05:20:30 pm »

I agree with your assessment, except for the initial phrase.  They absolutely knew all about him.  They were told repeatedly.  They consciously chose to put their heads in the sand and ignore what they were being told, even though they could see it for themselves.  They wanted to believe he was something other than what they knew, and in their warped minds they knew he could not be what he wanted them to believe he was.  You're right, he was an empty head with no accomplishments and everyone could see it.  They desperately wanted to believe his promises and rhetoric, not his actual record.  I've told my wife several times, denial is the most powerful force in the universe.  It's stunningly prevalent among the 40-something percent who still think he's doing a good job.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".