Author Topic: CNN reporter: tech execs 'shaking their heads' at Obamacare website  (Read 495 times)

rangerrebew

CNN Reporter: Tech Execs ‘Shaking Their Heads’ at Obamacare Website

Tech exec: A room full of developers with a pizza, $1 million and a deadline could have done it better than the administration

BY:  Washington Free Beacon Staff
December 17, 2013 11:27 am

CNN reporter Laurie Segall said tech industry executives are “shaking their heads” at the prospect $600 million was spent to build the dysfunctional healthcare.gov Tuesday morning.

One executive suggested the administration could have fixed the technical issues with “a room full of developers, a pizza, and a deadline. And maybe a million dollars.”

However, the federal government’s inability to implement an efficient fix underscores significant problems with the federal contracting system, Segall pointed out:

CAROL COSTELLO: […] Laurie, I know you’ve spoken Laurie with some of these technology executives. What did they tell you?

LAURIE SEGALL: Yeah. actually I spoke with a bunch of tech executives just last night about Abamacare and they were just shaking their heads. And we’ve heard this before, that $600 million couldn’t have been spent to make this website. One of them said to me. I said, “what are they going to tell Obama, how to fix this kind of thing?” He said “get a room full of developers, a pizza, and a deadline, and maybe a million dollars and you could have done it a lot better. But I think the discussion they’re going to be having along the lines of healthcare.gov is really the idea of the federal procurement system and there’s a lot of problems with government, with innovation and the way they go about this — contracting out to other developers, not bringing the best people in-house. You know, Obama is going to be sitting with some of the best and brightest in the tech realm. I can only imagine that they’ll have a larger conversation because Silicon Valley needs Washington and Washington needs Silicon Valley.

http://freebeacon.com/cnn-reporter-tech-execs-shaking-their-heads-at-obamacare-website/?print=1
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:13:47 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: CNN reporter: tech execs 'shaking their heads' at Obamacare website
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 06:22:52 am »
It's a sad commentary on the modern American [fascist] political/economic system that Silicon Valley needs Washington.  We're defeated before we start.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan