Author Topic: Teacher who said Santa is white placed on paid administrative leave...  (Read 873 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/24242269/nm-teacher-who-said-santa-is-white-on-paid-leave#ixzz2nmvtvP4D

NM teacher who said Santa is white on paid leave

Posted: Dec 17, 2013 12:07 PM CST Updated: Dec 17, 2013 2:58 PM CST

RIO RANCHO, N.M. (AP) - A suburban Albuquerque teacher who told a black student that Santa Claus is white has been placed on paid administrative leave.

Rio Rancho school district spokeswoman Kim Vesely confirmed on Tuesday that the teacher is out of the classroom while the incident is being investigated.

The teacher's comments came after students at Cleveland High School were told they could come to class dressed as Santa, an elf or a reindeer.

Michael Rougier says when his ninth-grade son, Christopher, arrived with a Santa hat and beard, the teacher asked, "Don't you know Santa Claus is white? Why are you wearing that?"

The incident happened the same week that Fox News Channel's Megyn Kelly said both Santa Claus and Jesus were white.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Teacher who said Santa is white placed on paid administrative leave...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 03:16:57 am »
That was a rather stupid thing for that teacher to say.

Offline collins

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 03:35:12 am »
Sheesh, they need to give it a rest . . . now they're trying to make a racial issue out of Santa Claus, a mythological figure.

I'm not even so sure that this teacher said that to this student, even if this father says otherwise, and the teacher could've been thinking he was making a joke. In any event, putting the teacher on "paid administrative leave" while they "investigate" this is just retarded.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 03:36:22 am »
Sheesh, they need to give it a rest . . . now they're trying to make a racial issue out of Santa Claus, a mythological figure.

I'm not even so sure that this teacher said that to this student, even if this father says otherwise, and the teacher could've been thinking he was making a joke. In any event, putting the teacher on "paid administrative leave" while they "investigate" this is just retarded.

"They"??  This teacher needs to re-think her career path, at the least.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 04:27:30 am »
The teacher got in to trouble for telling the truth in the classroom.

Why is anyone surprised?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 05:43:12 am »
I agree with Collins: I'm not even so sure that this teacher said that to this student, even if this father says otherwise, and the teacher could've been thinking he was making a joke.

This wouldn't be the first time someone made up an accusation of "racism", and even if the teacher said it, in what context?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 02:29:39 pm »
Let's be honest. If Santa Claus were black, he'd be Jimmy McMillan.

"The rent at the North Pole is too damn high!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 02:33:31 pm »
That was a rather stupid thing for that teacher to say.

Agree.

And IF she said it this way, nasty and personal............which is not what teachers are supposed to be.

The very worst she should have gotten, however, was a verbal dress down from the principal asking her to treat her students better.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 02:34:41 pm »
"They"??  This teacher needs to re-think her career path, at the least.

Agree again.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.