Author Topic: Reminder: Don't kick snow into a cat's face  (Read 1112 times)

Offline flowers

Reminder: Don't kick snow into a cat's face
« on: December 17, 2013, 11:16:47 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/this-kitty-s-got-claws--182419063.html

Cat: 1. Woman who kicked snow in cat's face: 0.

Here's a not-so-subtle reminder to leave stray felines alone. A woman who was apparently trying to protect her dog from an ornery cat that she'd taken in kicked a little snow in the feline's face. What could possibly go wrong?

A lot. According to WJBK Fox 2 in Detroit, which aired the video, the cat lept onto the woman's face and clawed at her forehead. The catfrontation with its silent-movie-type visuals can be seen as a tad comic, but the woman in the video did suffer significant injuries, WJBK reports.

The victim told WJBK that she had to go to the hospital after the attack with bite marks on her forehead and claw marks on her cheeks. The attack also led to an infection that caused her face to swell.

The woman told WJBK that she had taken the cat in after she learned that somebody had planned to shoot it, proving once again that no good deed goes unpunished.

Too funny the cat gives  that lady what fer and that poor dog looks back at the owner with a look...why you leaving me out here with that cat!!!!

Offline flowers

Offline xfreeper

Re: Reminder: Don't kick snow into a cat's face
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 02:38:11 am »
Interesting. The cat went into attack mode when the woman began to retreat and the cat also rushed the dog when it turned away. Must be some sort of instinctual response

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 03:09:25 am »
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/this-kitty-s-got-claws--182419063.html

Too funny the cat gives  that lady what fer and that poor dog looks back at the owner with a look...why you leaving me out here with that cat!!!!

I never saw a cat do that to a human, but it looks like it had enough of her shoving snow in his face. I feel worse for the poor cat who was probably starving. Niall bit me once, and it hurt for a few days. I was bringing him in from outside, and he wanted to stay out. I reached my hand under the bushes to retrieve him, and he attacked my arm. He was still a kitten, and when I shook him off, he got entangled in the bushes, and was ready to come in.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 08:53:37 am »
Many years ago we had a cat that was one of several my kids bought home over the years that stuck. We called him Max. The cat was intimidation personafied. Huge, totally black and had fearsome looking fangs that hung outside of his mouth. The cat used to roam around like a panther. One day I took him to the vet and the vet was going to give him a shot. I asked the vet if he wanted me to hold him and the vet said, oh no, I've done this enough times, in kind of a dismissive tone. Max twisted around and locked his teeth on the guys wrist. Didn't bite, just got a hold on. I never saw the color drain out out of a person's face like that. It took a while to coax Max to let the poor guy go.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:55:10 am by xfreeper »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 06:04:48 pm »
I never saw a cat do that to a human, but it looks like it had enough of her shoving snow in his face. I feel worse for the poor cat who was probably starving. Niall bit me once, and it hurt for a few days. I was bringing him in from outside, and he wanted to stay out. I reached my hand under the bushes to retrieve him, and he attacked my arm. He was still a kitten, and when I shook him off, he got entangled in the bushes, and was ready to come in.

They showed this s couple of times on Red Eye last night.  Frankly the woman should not have been kicking snow in the cats face like she was and her dog was clear back in her yard... hard to have sympathy for her...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776