Author Topic:  (Read 598 times)

Offline flowers

« on: December 17, 2013, 02:48:09 PM »

Offline flowers

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 02:49:06 PM »
Yep, this proposed move is not solely a slap in the face of the south but America's history. It's time for Americans to stand up to those bent on rewriting history so that it panders to so-called contemporary sensibilities. Two of the greatest generals are to be snubbed to meet today's perverse benchmark of political correctness. Pathetic.

from the comment section

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 02:50:54 PM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/17/robert-e-lee-and-stonewall-jackson-tributes-face-a/?page=all

This administration is going to get away with re-writing history aren't they?  **nononono*

Yes, this is one of the things Glenn Beck talks about most frequently and why he has been collecting original documents and old, old history books.  His latest book is one I want to read because it is about forgotten history.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 02:54:51 PM »
Yes, this is one of the things Glenn Beck talks about most frequently and why he has been collecting original documents and old, old history books.  His latest book is one I want to read because it is about forgotten history.
What is the name of that book?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 03:19:24 PM »
Who is the dweeb that complained?

This is the damned Army War College, here. Possibly the only more respected one in the world is the Royal Military College, Sandhurst. The people who attend these institutions are the best of the best as far as tactics goes and the College pulls lessons from 5000 years of successful Generals and commanders.

Not all of them are necessarily "good" guys. What they are are effective guys, the ones who created and advanced the art of doing unto others before they can do unto you.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 03:48:04 PM »
Two truly great men.

Sad.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline LambChop

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 03:53:05 PM »
Who is the dweeb that complained?

This is the damned Army War College, here. Possibly the only more respected one in the world is the Royal Military College, Sandhurst. The people who attend these institutions are the best of the best as far as tactics goes and the College pulls lessons from 5000 years of successful Generals and commanders.

Not all of them are necessarily "good" guys. What they are are effective guys, the ones who created and advanced the art of doing unto others before they can do unto you.

So how many pictures of American Revolutionary War Generals does England have in it's war college? 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 04:01:48 PM »
So how many pictures of American Revolutionary War Generals does England have in it's war college?

I can recall pictures of Washington, Greene (there is an entire series of lectures on him - one of the finest strategists to ever grace the battlefield), Muhlenberg (the guy is a god as far as guerrilla warfare is concerned), Wayne, and - despite being Navy - John Paul Jones.

There are probably others. My time there was rather short and not exactly a sightseeing tour. Hell, Napoleon has a picture in the grand hall.

Offline LambChop

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 04:30:21 PM »
I can recall pictures of Washington, Greene (there is an entire series of lectures on him - one of the finest strategists to ever grace the battlefield), Muhlenberg (the guy is a god as far as guerrilla warfare is concerned), Wayne, and - despite being Navy - John Paul Jones.

There are probably others. My time there was rather short and not exactly a sightseeing tour. Hell, Napoleon has a picture in the grand hall.

Then there is their answer.  Pictures may be of an opponent, but they have been strong military minds. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 04:38:09 PM »
Then there is their answer.  Pictures may be of an opponent, but they have been strong military minds.

Exactly. Required reading for all tac and strat streams? "The Art of War." Doesn't matter it was written 500 years before the birth of our Lord. It's perfect.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 06:49:47 PM »
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 08:48:10 PM »
In many parts of the deep South, the Fourth of July was not observed until well after the last local Confederate Veteran had passed, and even then the observance was subdued.

And today's Army is not run by the same breed of Yankee.....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf