Author Topic: Scott Walker Mulls Eliminating Income Tax in Wisconsin  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Scott Walker Mulls Eliminating Income Tax in Wisconsin
« on: December 17, 2013, 07:46:07 pm »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/17/scott-walker-mulls-eliminating-income-tax-in-wisconsin/

Scott Walker Mulls Eliminating Income Tax in Wisconsin
Dec. 17, 2013 2:34pm Becket Adams

Gov. Scott Walker’s administration is considering taking steps to eliminate Wisconsin’s income tax.
Scott Walkers Admin. Mulls Eliminating Income Tax

Republican Gov. Scott Walker is considering eliminating the income tax in Wisconsin. (Getty Images)

The Republican governor acknowledged this week that in his administration’s ongoing discussion about the state’s tax laws, the idea of nixing the income tax has been given serious thought.

Walker, who survived a recall attempt in 2012, said his administration is having this discussion well ahead of the state’s next budget so they can figure out now what employers and voters think “would be the biggest bang for the buck,” wispolitics.com reported.

“There are many states that do very well, better than most states in the country, that have no income taxes,” Walker said during a meeting at the Northern Economic Development Summit. “That’s one thing for us to look at. Is that feasible? What would that mean in terms of an economic boost? That’s not only for individuals, but small businesses in this state.”

Walker boasted of Wisconsin’s economic growth, telling summit attendees his administration wants to “work” with them to create jobs. He also explained that specialty training will be necessary to continue growing the state’s economy.

“The state that’s most aggressively out front on worker training will be the state that leads the country, if not the world, in economic recovery,” Walker said. “That’s the one thing I hear so often. I see it in polls, but more importantly I hear it every week.”

Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch and Revenue Secretary Rick Chandler discussed the state’s tax laws last week. Chandler said the administration is trying to figure out how to move forward with the proposed changes by getting input from the public. He added that there could be changes to the income tax code or property taxes.

“We want to look at areas where we may not stack up well against other states, where particular aspects of our tax code may be out of line with other states,” Chandler said. “We want to get the overall burden down, and we want to make all elements of the tax code as competitive as possible.”

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

Re: Scott Walker Mulls Eliminating Income Tax in Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 08:05:45 pm »
bkmk

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 08:10:59 pm »
Impressive yet again.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 02:57:02 am »
If Mr. Walker can push this through and win -- he's the man to beat for the Pubbie presidential nomination in 2016.

Suggestion for Governor Walker (who am I to be making suggestions?):
If you run up against a little too much resistance to totally eliminate the income tax, settle for a 50% rate reduction. That in itself would still be a stunning victory in these times...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 09:10:57 am »
That is why I voted for him twice.  That is my Gov.  He showed us how to win.  My Gov convinced a majority of people in WI that teachers, and state workers should pay more for their healthcare and retirement.  The hippies howled and breyed but he stood tall.  Then he did it.

A long for the ride was a rule that made unions collect their own dues and annual votes by union members to continue to be represented by the union or disband it.  The unions are on the run in WI.

How did he do that.  The rats wanted the narrative to be Walker v Teachers.  Walker talked about a budget deficit and enormous taxes.  He said people couldn't afford more taxes and the government was going to have to tighten its belt.  Then he said look at what the state workers pay into their pension and look at what tax payers pay out to them.  Look at what they pay for health insurance.  Then he said there are unions who make their employees buy from only one insurance provider and guess who runs the insurance?  The unions.  And taxpayers, and businesses pay for it.  Walker made it Unions v People.  And the unions lost big time.

Now Gov Walker, blessed among Governors, wants to eliminate my state income tax?  Pinch me. :vote:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 10:53:17 am »
Once-ler

Has he got any serious skeletons in his closet? The little I know of him is highly favorable, but you can bet there is frantic digging going on in the background, at least in the local media. You're better placed to sniff that particular wind.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 11:25:50 am »
Once-ler

Has he got any serious skeletons in his closet? The little I know of him is highly favorable, but you can bet there is frantic digging going on in the background, at least in the local media. You're better placed to sniff that particular wind.

Nope.  If the rats had anything they would have used it already.  They keep trying to manufacture scandal but nothing is sticking.  His big problem is jobs.  He promised to create a quarter million jobs and he aint gonna make it at the rate he is going.  It would be nice if he could make some quick movement on jobs.

Speaking of jobs...why isn't the GOP talking about jobs, jobs, jobs, the worker participation rate, and jobs?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 12:04:08 pm »
Thanks mate!  :beer:

That's a relief. He seems totally solid in all other respects. I got burned by Gov. Brewer (she seemed solid until Rap laid it out in detail, so now prefer to hear from the person on the spot!)

The problem with creating jobs is a Governor can only do that directly in one way. By growing the state. Since Gov. Walker won't do that, he's got to persuade job creators to come in state, without getting accusations of kickbacks and crony capitalism thrown at his head. It's more of a long haul thing. It's taken Texas a fair amount of time to see results, and that is a far wealthier state than Wisconsin (I think - only thing I really know about your state is it make cheese  :laugh: )

Partially the reason the GOP isn't hammering jobs too much at the moment. The Dems are writing checks with their mouths that their asses can't cover, so let them keep doing that. If the GOP steps in now, the very first talking point will be "So, what's your solution?" Better to keep that batch of powder dry until closer to the election. LIV want solutions right now. Dems promise them and, inevitably, fail.

They should, however, be constantly pointing out the massive disparity in job growth between the public and private sectors.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 01:12:46 pm »
That is why I voted for him twice.  That is my Gov.  He showed us how to win.  My Gov convinced a majority of people in WI that teachers, and state workers should pay more for their healthcare and retirement.  The hippies howled and breyed but he stood tall.  Then he did it.

A long for the ride was a rule that made unions collect their own dues and annual votes by union members to continue to be represented by the union or disband it.  The unions are on the run in WI.

How did he do that.  The rats wanted the narrative to be Walker v Teachers.  Walker talked about a budget deficit and enormous taxes.  He said people couldn't afford more taxes and the government was going to have to tighten its belt.  Then he said look at what the state workers pay into their pension and look at what tax payers pay out to them.  Look at what they pay for health insurance.  Then he said there are unions who make their employees buy from only one insurance provider and guess who runs the insurance?  The unions.  And taxpayers, and businesses pay for it.  Walker made it Unions v People.  And the unions lost big time.

Now Gov Walker, blessed among Governors, wants to eliminate my state income tax?  Pinch me. :vote:

Yeah, Christie did that too.  Walker more calmly.  Advise him not hug obama.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 06:28:18 pm »
Once-ler

His biggest drawback for national office... no college degree... They trashed Palin for going to more than one college.. and not the RIGHT colleges at that, imagine what the media would do with no degree.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 06:46:09 pm »
His biggest drawback for national office... no college degree... They trashed Palin for going to more than one college.. and not the RIGHT colleges at that, imagine what the media would do with no degree.

That could be spun as a plus. After all, how well has "the smartest man in the room and Editor of Harvard Law Review" done?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 07:21:19 pm »
That could be spun as a plus. After all, how well has "the smartest man in the room and Editor of Harvard Law Review" done?

Will not matter to the media... go back nd read all their articles,about Palin, if you didn't attend Harvard, Yale or Princeton you're incompetent and they pillage you... only they wait until you're the nominee and then it begins.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 09:01:14 pm »

I would vote FOR him on that basis alone since it means that he was spared the brain washing that goes on in our universities today!

But I'm not your run of the mill voter and you are dead right about what the media will try to do with that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 09:11:05 pm »
I would vote FOR him on that basis alone since it means that he was spared the brain washing that goes on in our universities today!

But I'm not your run of the mill voter and you are dead right about what the media will try to do with that.

The media will savage whoever the candidate is - we know that for sure  - and they won't do it until the candidate is signed, sealed and delivered.    Frankly I like Walker a lot - but I really don't want to spend three years saying I want so and so... I don't know who I would vote for yet - or who is going to run or how they are going to debate. I do know who I won't vote for - Walker is not in the "won't" category, but he is in the better know he is going to get pounded because he is more "every man" than a lot of the potential candidates category..;. and if there is anyone the media despises it is that "everyman or every woman" candiate....  which is what Reagan had in spades.