Author Topic: Jerry Brown, urged to run for president, won't rule out 2016 bid  (Read 669 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Jerry Brown, urged to run for president, won't rule out 2016 bid
« on: December 18, 2013, 07:13:22 pm »
From Governor Moonbeam to President Moonbeam?

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/politicsnow/la-pn-jerry-brown-president-2016-20131217,2,5364164,full.story#axzz2nkWBMifU

By Mark Z. Barabak
December 17, 2013

If he weren’t the nation’s oldest governor, a ripe 75, Jerry Brown would automatically be counted among serious Democratic candidates for president in 2016.

He boasts a household name, an impressive list of accomplishments in the country’s most populous state — a state some once deemed ungovernable — glowing national media coverage and a deep familiarity with the pitfalls and rigors of a White House bid, having run three times before.

Now, some are pushing Brown to consider another try for the White House, even if it means taking on Hillary Rodham Clinton, the prohibitive, if still undeclared, Democratic favorite.

“I think Jerry is precisely what America needs,” said Rose Ann DeMoro, the leader of a national nurses union and a strong political ally of Brown. “He has the courage of his convictions, which we haven’t seen in a very long while.”

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline MBB1984

Re: Jerry Brown, urged to run for president, won't rule out 2016 bid
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 07:23:26 pm »
I would love to see moonbeam run.  He is always good for several laughs.  Can you imagine moonbeam, Biden, and Hillary? 

Offline Millee

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 07:26:14 pm »
I would love to see moonbeam run.  He is always good for several laughs.  Can you imagine moonbeam, Biden, and Hillary?

I have zero trust in the electorate that that idiot wouldn't be elected.   :nometalk:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 07:29:46 pm »
Old rich white people… would the DNC please remind me about how the GOP stands for old rich white people again? *snicker*
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 08:09:08 pm »
He boasts a household name, an impressive list of accomplishments in the country’s most populous state

Say, Mr Barabak, could you name a few of those accomplishments, please?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams