Author Topic: Woman Gets Punched for Saying ‘Happy Holidays’ Instead of ‘Merry Christmas’  (Read 781 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Kristina Vindiola told KNXV that she was minding her business, ringing a bell, and wishing people happy holidays, when a woman nearby decided to confront her and that’s when the sh*t went down. She explained, “She came up to me and she said, ‘Do you believe in God?’… She said, ‘You’re supposed to say Merry Christmas,’ and that’s when she hit me.”

Because as the saying goes, committing acts of physical aggression truly is the reason for the season.....

http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/12/17/woman-gets-punched-saying-happy-holidays-instead-merry-christmas/

I have a not very popular opinion of this but I'll explain this after I post some of the comments on the so-called Conservative, Christian Facebook page I found this posted on. (names redacted)

J* C* - Good

S* G*- right on! MERRY CHRISTMAS

B* D*-  Its Merry Christmas

C* M*- Good for the puncher

M* D* P*-  Id punch the cow too

This is just a few examples of the dozens and dozens of so called Christians siding with the puncher.

IMHO, "Happy Holidays" isn't a war on Christmas (technically it means "Holy Days"). IMHO, the bigger war on Christmas is us acting like Pharisees dispensing our own version of Political Correctness* demands while fighting at stores for cheap plastic crap and cursing out the lady who cut you off in line. What ever happened to common courtesy and respect? Accept the greeting for the positive intention it was given and not try to control other's speech. Be an example of Christ's behavior yourself, don't try to control everyone else. Have we really been a witness for Christ in this?  Would a non-believer want to become a Christian if they look at our behavior or would we help push them away from Christ?  We really need to ponder this as we get all uptight this time of year over what is a polite greeting.

* Political Correct does go both ways- it is demanding others conform to the speech you choose in order not to offend you.  We have started become as bad as may we oppose.

Offline Slide Rule

The PC crap must stop.  And crap about a religious holiday needs to be respected, or can the bland Seasons Greetings.

The lady was angered and took action.  Something she is accountable for.

The receiver will never forget what happened.  Obviously an educational moment.

I do not condone the punch, but I understand it.

Al
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Oceander

I have a not very popular opinion of this but I'll explain this after I post some of the comments on the so-called Conservative, Christian Facebook page I found this posted on. (names redacted)

This is just a few examples of the dozens and dozens of so called Christians siding with the puncher.

IMHO, "Happy Holidays" isn't a war on Christmas (technically it means "Holy Days"). IMHO, the bigger war on Christmas is us acting like Pharisees dispensing our own version of Political Correctness* demands while fighting at stores for cheap plastic crap and cursing out the lady who cut you off in line. What ever happened to common courtesy and respect? Accept the greeting for the positive intention it was given and not try to control other's speech. Be an example of Christ's behavior yourself, don't try to control everyone else. Have we really been a witness for Christ in this?  Would a non-believer want to become a Christian if they look at our behavior or would we help push them away from Christ?  We really need to ponder this as we get all uptight this time of year over what is a polite greeting.

* Political Correct does go both ways- it is demanding others conform to the speech you choose in order not to offend you.  We have started become as bad as may we oppose.

:thumbsup: