Author Topic: DO look down! Photographer captures New York City and Tokyo from above, standing on the edges of tall buildings  (Read 984 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2523345/Photographer-Navid-Baraty-captures-New-York-City-Tokyo-above.html

The thing most people do when they visit a large city for the first time is marvel at the height of the skyscrapers.

But photographer Navid Baraty thinks the view is much more interesting from above.

For his latest series titled 'Intersection' Mr Baraty has captured life in New York City and Tokyo from the edges of its tallest buildings.

'After seeing countless skyline photos of NYC, I found that the real life of the city can best be captured by pointing the lens straight down from high above,' Mr Baraty told Gothamist.

'You feel the energy and flow of the city - the constant stream of yellow taxis lining the avenues, the waves of pedestrians hurriedly crossing at the change of traffic signals, little figures disappearing into the subway stations. The chorus of honking horns and sirens,' he described.

Lately, Mr Baraty says he's been returning to the roofs at night to capture the city illuminated in the dark - just like a brooding Spiderman.

If you're in New York, you can see the vertigo-inducing pictures in person  on display in the Bowling Green subway st

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. I get wicked vertigo. That picture, my Lord.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I get that weird leg tingley thing just looking at those photos...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Glad to learn I'm not the only one who gets some uncomfortable feelings, looking down from up high like that.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Glad to learn I'm not the only one who gets some uncomfortable feelings, looking down from up high like that.

Stick me in a chopper, I'll fly you at whatever altitude is needed - upside down if necessary.

But buildings? I look at that picture. Part of me gets sick. Part of me thinks "Wonder what it would be like to jump."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I actually get it the worst when I'm halfway up a tall building and look up the edge of the building.