Author Topic: Cuts for military retirees costing GOP support for budget dea  (Read 275 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Cuts for military retirees costing GOP support for budget dea
« on: December 16, 2013, 01:12:30 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Cuts for military retirees costing GOP support for budget dea
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 01:33:22 PM »
And yet my idiot Congresscritter voted for this deal claiming it was "for the troops."
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline MBB1984

Re: Cuts for military retirees costing GOP support for budget dea
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 02:34:32 PM »
And yet my idiot Congresscritter voted for this deal claiming it was "for the troops."

And the Congresscritter wins as most of the voters are too ignorant concerning the details of the bill.  Good to see more Senators voicing their opposition against this bill, but I am afraid it is all window dressing.  If it comes down to an up or down vote, the left has the votes to pass. 

Interesting that the vast majority of the GOP Senators will vote no, while a significant majority of the GOP Representatives voted yes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf