Author Topic: Donald Trump: Decision soon on governor run  (Read 1217 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump: Decision soon on governor run
« on: December 16, 2013, 06:10:21 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=A5EDDF6C-C6E8-49F2-96EB-F9A3E128685A

Donald Trump: Decision soon on governor run
By: Lucy McCalmont
December 16, 2013 07:40 AM EST

You can hold your breath: New York will know soon whether Donald Trump will take on Gov. Andrew Cuomo next year.

“I’ll make a decision at some time pretty soon,” Trump said Monday on Fox News’s “Fox & Friends.”

The business mogul has been vague about entering the race and had said recently that he wasn’t interested in a run. But after a group of state Republicans met with Trump earlier this month to encourage him to challenge Cuomo, the developer indicated he would give it some thought.

Trump said on Fox that a bid for governor “was not what I had in mind.”

“Let’s see what happens. I had something else in mind, and this was not actually something that I wanted to do,” Trump said.

When asked whether “something else” meant 2016 presidential ambitions, Trump declined to elaborate.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Donald Trump: Decision soon on governor run
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 06:46:43 pm »
Seriously, Donald.

Eff off and take your bad hairpiece with you. I know that your new series is coming up, but you have pulled this crap far too often.

Actually - on second thoughts - run. It'd be mildly amusing watching you trying to explain your bankruptcies, your suing a bank for damages when you failed to pay back a loan and they had the temerity to ask for repayment, and your general all around incompetence which had companies buying out ones you controlled insisting you were kicked off the board..
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 06:50:26 pm »
Please don't run.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 06:52:22 pm »
I guess he must be having a new Apprentice TV show coming up? That is the only time you hear him do this.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 07:04:27 pm »
Given it is New York, I hope he goes for it.  He probably won't win, but he will make it interesting and force the Democrats to divert additional resources to counter his unlimited funds.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 07:09:44 pm »
I guess he must be having a new Apprentice TV show coming up? That is the only time you hear him do this.
Apparently it is on the bubble as to whether or not it will be renewed this time around.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 07:59:14 pm »
What about Potus 2012?

What about Obama's birth certificate?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 08:31:33 pm »
Trump will never run for anything except open microphones.  He never encountered one of those he didn't like.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 08:54:49 pm »
Personally, I think he would make a good governor of NY. Maybe not much better than what they have now but hey, it's NY

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 10:32:53 pm »
Given it is New York, I hope he goes for it.  He probably won't win, but he will make it interesting and force the Democrats to divert additional resources to counter his unlimited funds.
Cuomo's campaign coffers have about $30 million in a deep blue state and the sycophantic Albany press corps willing to slander the opposition to death. It would take hundreds of millions of dollars of liquid assets to compete with that head to head. That is Presidential campaign level money and you know the RNC won't invest a dime in this lost cause.

On top of that, most of Trump's assets are locked in real estate, meaning he can't get to it right away. Carl Paladino ran into the same problem the last time around.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 11:21:43 pm »
True enough about the money but the name recognition is a big factor. Low info voters, the majority, will vote for a celebrity. And Cuomo doesn't have deep popularity upstate. It reminds me of Arnold in Ca

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 11:45:16 pm »
True enough about the money but the name recognition is a big factor. Low info voters, the majority, will vote for a celebrity. And Cuomo doesn't have deep popularity upstate. It reminds me of Arnold in Ca
Your point on upstate is definitely true, especially after the SAFE Act. I'm not saying it will be impossible but it will be very hard for a New York City charlatan to get the credibility on that issue.

Personally, of all the names being bandied about now, I hope  Steve McLaughlin gets the nod. Unfortunately it appears the GOPe is gelling around Rob Astorino, another Westchester County Italian not much different than Cuomo.

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 11:50:15 pm »
Seriously, Donald.

I know that your new series is coming up,

What is his new series?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 01:44:25 am »
What is his new series?
Same as the old one-- The Celebrity Apprentice.

Offline collins

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, 06:37:51 am »
TCA has the worst finalists of any reality  tv show, IMO, but Trump is probably just trying to pump up more publicity for the next season of his show. Too bad, I think he could win, even there because Cuomo is NOT popular with most New Yorkers these days.