Author Topic: President Obama to jet off this week for 17-day vacation in Hawaii over Christmas and New Year  (Read 333 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

President Obama and his family are expected to leave Washington later this week for a 17-day vacation in Hawaii.

This will be the First Family's sixth Christmas in Hawaii since he was elected president, and in keeping with tradition they are expected to spend it on the island of Kailua.

The White House announced on Friday that the Obamas will depart next week after what is expected to be a light work schedule for the president in Washington.

The president and his family traditionally spend their Christmas break in a rented private beach front residence with spectacular ocean views.

The Obama's covers the cost of the accommodation that typically costs up to $3,500 a day, or $75,000 a month, but local and federal taxpayers help pay their travel and security bill which costs in the region of $1 million.

I suspect the actual cost to taxpayers is much higher.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2524165/President-Obama-set-jet-week-17-day-vacation-Hawaii-Christmas-New-Year.html#ixzz2nbisQb2Q
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Right_in_Virginia

• TBR Contributor
The White House announced on Friday that the Obamas will depart next week after what is expected to be a light work schedule for the president in Washington.

What other kind of work schedule does this clown ever have??
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline WAYNE

I'll chip in if they would stay there..

Offline mountaineer

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Coast Guard officials have contacted boat owners in the area to remind them the canal and popular surf spot fronting the private beachfront homes where the President will vacation beginning Friday are off limits for 17 days. The Coast Guard also has released information on the temporary security zone that will be enforced from  6 a.m. on Friday to 10 p.m. on Jan. 5, 2014.

What?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf