Author Topic: NSA officials consider Edward Snowden amnesty in return for documents  (Read 571 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

Re: NSA officials consider Edward Snowden amnesty in return for documents
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 08:52:22 PM »
I listened to an interview about this on TheBlaze Friday.  They said there is a lot of worry about what Snowden has and hasn't revealed - yet. 

Online Oceander

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 09:04:05 PM »
Suggests to me that he hasn't even dropped half the shoe-store yet.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 10:03:50 PM »
Suggests to me that he hasn't even dropped half the shoe-store yet.

That's what they said.  Seems the government has a very good idea what he has and they are nervous to the point talking amnesty if he'll turn it over and shut up...  one of the panelists is a former CIA guy.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 10:13:17 PM »
And if he agrees, the instant the opportunity arises, Snowden will mysteriously "commit suicide" or die in a "freak accident."
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 10:31:01 PM »
The other problem is that (at least if Snowden was smart, and I believe he is), the documents are now no longer "only in his hands" -- but in the hands of selected others, who may choose to NOT give back the information.

What has been revealed so far is damning.

What other surprises are hidden there?

Let them see the light of day.

I don't fear what the information could do to damage this country.
The information that has already been revealed has shown considerable damage, but it's not "our enemies" who are doing it.

It is being done by those in whom we have put our trust.

Online Oceander

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 12:15:28 AM »
And if he agrees, the instant the opportunity arises, Snowden will mysteriously "commit suicide" or die in a "freak accident."

Obviously

Online Oceander

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 12:16:35 AM »
The other problem is that (at least if Snowden was smart, and I believe he is), the documents are now no longer "only in his hands" -- but in the hands of selected others, who may choose to NOT give back the information.

What has been revealed so far is damning.

What other surprises are hidden there?

Let them see the light of day.

I don't fear what the information could do to damage this country.
The information that has already been revealed has shown considerable damage, but it's not "our enemies" who are doing it.

It is being done by those in whom we have put our trust.

The omelet has probably already been made, so the NSA probably can't unscramble the eggs, even if Snowden decided for some odd reason to help them try.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 06:21:42 AM »

If Snowden is smart - and all indications are that he is - he'll cut a deal with Russia. Faked death, new identity and back to the jolly old USA to live out his life in his native country. Of course, on news of his death, third parties such as Wikileaks will release "all" the information.

Not exactly moral, but something I'd do. You got two options when holding a primed grenade. Throw it or be blown up.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online GourmetDan

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 10:25:10 AM »

Unfortunately, he faces the same consequences if he doesn't...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 10:29:38 AM »
 :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf