Author Topic: Congressmen Move to Declassify Key Part of 9/11 Report That They Say Could Indicate Hijackers Had Outside Help  (Read 3492 times)

Offline happyg

Oliver Darcy

Reps. Walter Jones (R-NC) and Stephen Lynch (D-Mass.) introduced a House resolution earlier this month urging President Barack Obama to declassify a portion of a government report that they say could provide evidence the 9/11 hijackers had outside help.

“[T]he information contained in the redacted pages is critical to our foreign policy moving forward and should thus be available to the American public,” Jones said in a press release. “If the 9/11 hijackers had outside help – particularly from one or more foreign governments – the press and the public have a right to know what our government has or has not done to bring justice to all of the perpetrators.”

“[T]he information contained in the redacted pages is critical to our foreign policy…”

H.R. 428 — titled “Urging the president to release information regarding the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks upon the United States” — would release to the public 28 pages of the Joint Inquiry into Intelligence Activities Before and After the Terrorist Attacks of September 2001, originally classified by President George W. Bush.

Congressmen Move to Declassify Key Part of 9/11 Report That Could Indicate Hijackers Had Outside Help
In this Sunday, Sept. 22, 2013 photo, a US flag is placed at the north reflecting pool of the 9/11 Memorial at the site of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center in New York. (AP Photo/Lefteris Pitarakis)

“Twelve years after the horrific September 11 attacks, unanswered questions still remain,” Lynch said in a press release. “These pages contain information that is vital to a full understanding of the events and circumstances surrounding this tragedy.”

On Sunday, the New York Post published a report titled, “Inside the 9/11 Coverup.” Their report mentions the efforts to declassify the 28 pages that they say “isn’t just blacked out here and there” but are “completely blank.”

According to The Post, Jones and Lynch were “absolutely shocked” at the level of foreign state involvement in the attacks after reading the redacted portions.

But, the pair of congressmen can’t  reveal what they read without breaking federal law, The Post reported.

Leaked information, however, reportedly found “incontrovertible evidence” that Saudi Arabia, a supposed ally of the U.S., may have had a role in the attacks, according to The Post.

“The intelligence files cited in the report directly implicate the Saudi embassy in Washington and consulate in Los Angeles in the attacks, making 9/11 not just an act of terrorism, but an act of war,” The Post added in their report.

The resolution to declassify the 28 portion of the report was referred to the House Committee on Intelligence on Dec. 2nd.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/15/congressmen-move-to-declassify-key-part-of-911-report-that-they-say-could-indicate-hijackers-had-outside-help/

Offline Rapunzel

I'm surprised everyone ignored this article today.... guess 911 is in the rearview mirrors for more than congress.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

I'm surprised everyone ignored this article today.... guess 911 is in the rearview mirrors for more than congress.

I thought it was interesting.

Offline Rapunzel

I thought it was interesting.

More than interesting.. to me.... 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I'm still waiting on the actual story. All of this is speculation at this point. It is redacted, we don't know what is in it nor do the press commenting on it. This has been a lot of could statements (as the title indicates).

Offline sinkspur

Most normal people don't hang on every word that comes out of Glen Beck or his mouthpiece.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Nope....with me it's just that when your house is on fire, it's not the time to give a hoot what happened a dozen years ago.  And secondly....what's going to come of it?

We have a POTUS that allies the US with Al-f**king Qaeda for God's sake.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

Most normal people don't hang on every word that comes out of Glen Beck or his mouthpiece.

Do you have to be a jerk when you post, or is it Rapunzel you like to pick at? Rap is normal. I am normal. You??? Glen Beck gives thinking people a lot to think about. You trashed Rush, Cruz, and now, Beck, along with criticizing Rap. What's your point? You certainly don't have much pull here.

Offline sinkspur

Nope....with me it's just that when your house is on fire, it's not the time to give a hoot what happened a dozen years ago.  And secondly....what's going to come of it?

We have a POTUS that allies the US with Al-f**king Qaeda for God's sake.

Exactly.  And the Saudis have been our most reliable allies on the Arab side, up until Obammy decided to double-cross them on Syria.

Online DCPatriot

Exactly.  And the Saudis have been our most reliable allies on the Arab side, up until Obammy decided to double-cross them on Syria.

Is this being leaked now so that maybe Obama could justify military action of some type against Saudi Arabia?....when we all know it's to punish them for assisting Israel deal with Iran.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

Do you have to be a jerk when you post, or is it Rapunzel you like to pick at? Rap is normal. I am normal. You??? Glen Beck gives thinking people a lot to think about. You trashed Rush, Cruz, and now, Beck, along with criticizing Rap. What's your point? You certainly don't have much pull here.

Beck is a whining, mentally unstable cry-baby.  He buys into every half-baked conspiracy that comes along, then ignores them when they're proven to be phony.  He has many endearing qualities, but his gullibility is not one of them.

Oceander

That was a little uncalled for.

Oceander

I'm still waiting on the actual story. All of this is speculation at this point. It is redacted, we don't know what is in it nor do the press commenting on it. This has been a lot of could statements (as the title indicates).

Exactly.

Offline sinkspur

Is this being leaked now so that maybe Obama could justify military action of some type against Saudi Arabia?....when we all know it's to punish them for assisting Israel deal with Iran.

LOL!!  Obammy's idea of military action is a cap gun.

The Saudis are pursuing their own self-interests because they cannot trust the United States with Obammy in office.  They were our most loyal Arab friends when Bush was in office.

Online DCPatriot

Oh come on now.....let's not make something out of nothing.

Please?  For me?  Let's discuss the topic of the thread for once?

Offline Rapunzel

Beck is a whining, mentally unstable cry-baby.  He buys into every half-baked conspiracy that comes along, then ignores them when they're proven to be phony.  He has many endearing qualities, but his gullibility is not one of them.

Just because this was reported among SEVERAL other places today by Beck and The Blaze of course you would dismiss it.  And I'd say it is not Beck who is mentally unstable.

Offline sinkspur

Has Beck changed?  I stopped listening to him when he decided that George W. Bush was the equivalent of Woodrow Wilson.

Oceander

Umm, gee, that's what I did when I responded to Abaraxas' post.  It's never a choice of either making a substantive post or calling an ungenerous comment an ungenerous comment - like walking and chewing gum, both types of posting can in fact be done at the same time.

Offline happyg

It was on topic until Sink took a dig at Rap. I don't normally get into squabbles, but his insults are becoming tiresome.

Oceander

Has Beck changed?  I stopped listening to him when he decided that George W. Bush was the equivalent of Woodrow Wilson.

Whether he has or not is irrelevant to the fact that you gratuitously slighted someone else as being "not normal."  And it wasn't even a particularly heated conversation, where passions are expected to fly, so I still think it was uncalled for.

Online DCPatriot

LOL!!  Obammy's idea of military action is a cap gun.

The Saudis are pursuing their own self-interests because they cannot trust the United States with Obammy in office.  They were our most loyal Arab friends when Bush was in office.

I truly believe that Obama meant what he said....that if the Middle East heated up, he'd side with the Muslims.

I believe that he's purposely humiliating and embarrassing Netanyahu because Bibi showed him up back in Washington during that photo op in the winged chairs. 
He and Jarrett hate the Jews and dream of being instrumental in changing the Middle East map.

Offline sinkspur

Just because this was reported among SEVERAL other places today by Beck and The Blaze of course you would dismiss it.  And I'd say it is not Beck who is mentally unstable.

Of course you'd say that. 

Oceander

Just to be fair - or unfair - all around, your comment was just as uncalled for.  Throwing gasoline on the fire doesn't really help calm things down.

Offline sinkspur

Whether he has or not is irrelevant to the fact that you gratuitously slighted someone else as being "not normal."  And it wasn't even a particularly heated conversation, where passions are expected to fly, so I still think it was uncalled for.

Nope.  It is a fact that most normal people do not listen to Glen Beck.

Offline sinkspur

I truly believe that Obama meant what he said....that if the Middle East heated up, he'd side with the Muslims.

I believe that he's purposely humiliating and embarrassing Netanyahu because Bibi showed him up back in Washington during that photo op in the winged chairs. 
He and Jarrett hate the Jews and dream of being instrumental in changing the Middle East map.

How is Obama humiliating Bibi?   

Bibi can't be humiliated by this narcissistic coward in the White House.  Obama knows nothing about Middle East dynamics; just witness his willingness to believe the Iranian mullahs.