Author Topic: Newly released recordings capture final moments of Arizona firefighters  (Read 444 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/15/newly-released-recordings-capture-final-moments-arizona-firefighters/

Newly released audio and video recordings have provided new insight into the final moments of 19 firefighters who died battling the Yarnell Hill wildfire in Arizona this past June.

The radio transmissions reveal confusion and disconnection between the men on the ground and those directing the progress of the firefight on the fateful afternoon of June 30.

In the first part of the recording, the Granite Mountain Hotshots are heard as as they first realize they are in trouble -- and they try to get aircraft to move in and drop water or retardant on them to save their lives.

"Breaking in on Arizona 16, Granite Mountain Hotshots, we are in front of the flaming front," one firefighter says on the radio.

Another calls for a water drop, saying "Air Attack, Granite Mountain 7!"

"Okay ... unit that's hollerin' in the radio, I need you to quit, and ... break, Operations Bravo 33," comes the response.

The last dispatch from the Hotshots came from the group's leader, Eric Marsh.

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Newly released recordings capture final moments of Arizona firefighters
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 08:23:39 pm »
Yep.  They played these on our Phoenix news channels last night...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Newly released recordings capture final moments of Arizona firefighters
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 08:27:35 pm »
I am NOT a trained firefighter.

I do question the risk evaluation, when these guys are in such a dangerous and high risk situations.

We should not lose good men this way. Let the fires burn a little longer, or farther.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln