Author Topic: Obamas quietly reflect on Newtown  (Read 657 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obamas quietly reflect on Newtown
« on: December 15, 2013, 02:09:31 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/193170-obamas-light-candles-to-mark-newtown-anniversary

December 14, 2013, 01:41 pm
Obamas quietly reflect on Newtown

By Russell Berman

President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama on Saturday commemorated the first anniversary of the shooting massacre in Newtown, Conn., by lighting 26 candles to mark each of the schoolchildren and teachers who died at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

The silent remembrance at the White House was brief. The president and Mrs. Obama walked into the Map Room shortly before 9:30 a.m and lit small glass-encased candles arranged in two rows on a table, according to a White House pool report.

They stood with their heads bowed for about a minute and left the room without speaking to reporters.

Obama spoke separately about the anniversary during his weekly address, alluding to his failed push to pass gun-control measures in Congress. There have been several school shootings in the year since the massacre at Sandy Hook, including one on Friday in which a gunman shot two students and then himself at a high school in Colorado.

“We haven’t yet done enough to make our communities and our country safer,” the president said in his taped video address. “We have to do more to keep dangerous people from getting their hands on a gun so easily. We have to do more to heal troubled mind.”

Lawmakers from Connecticut and around the country also marked the Newtown anniversary with statements and Twitter messages. “Saying a prayer for #Newtown today,” Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) wrote on Twitter.

video at link if you can bear to watch it....just another photo-op imho
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WAYNE

Re: Obamas quietly reflect on Newtown
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 02:12:00 pm »
  I'll pass on the video..  I cant watch them .. Ever..

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 02:24:11 pm »
I'll bet as soon as the WH photographer finished with the  piece of propaganda, there were 26 candles that made it to the trash. :dropjaw:

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 09:41:16 pm »
I'll bet as soon as the WH photographer finished with the  piece of propaganda, there were 26 candles that made it to the trash. :dropjaw:
Of course they did.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 11:59:45 pm »
But not before Mooch said, "Picture's over. Get your %*#! hand off my butt, jerkface!"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online rustynail

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 12:14:26 am »
Yes, they wonder why their grand plan failed so miserably.