Author Topic: Beach bum: Obama to holiday in Hawaii..[17 days]  (Read 1205 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Beach bum: Obama to holiday in Hawaii..[17 days]
« on: December 15, 2013, 01:26:09 pm »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/13/obama-and-family-holiday-hawaii-again/

By Dave Boyer

-

The Washington Times

Friday, December 13, 2013

President Obama and his family will leave Washington Dec. 20 for a 17-day holiday vacation in Hawaii.

The White House announced Friday that the Obamas will depart next week after what is expected to be a light work schedule for the president in Washington.

The president and his family traditionally spend their Christmas break in a rented home on Oahu with spectacular ocean views.

For his first three years in office, Mr. Obama rented a $24,500-per-week gated Plantation Estate, which offers security and privacy on the white sand beach of Kailua Bay.

Last year, renting a similar house in the same locale, Mr. Obama was forced to cut short his vacation and fly back to Washington on the day after Christmas to resume negotiations on an emergency budget deal with Congress. This year, Congress is on track to approve a two-year budget deal before the Christmas holiday.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Beach bum: Obama to holiday in Hawaii..[17 days]
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 01:30:00 pm »
after what is expected to be a light work schedule for the president in Washington
Like that's something new for him.  :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 01:35:36 pm »
 :hands: 88finger point

Like that's something new for him.  :thud:

I was going to say the same thing.  Great minds think alike.  He also needs the extra time to pick the proper multimillion dollar estate for his retirement.  I doubt he wants to be near those awful rich people he is always crabbing about. :Odance:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 01:36:50 pm by rangerrebew »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 01:52:20 pm »
President Obama planning annual Hawaiian holiday
Posted: Dec 03, 2013 10:57 PM EST
Updated: Dec 05, 2013 2:12 PM EST

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) -
The White House hasn't officially announced their plans yet, but Hawaii News Now has learned the Obamas will vacation here over the holidays.  This will be the First Family's sixth Christmas in Hawaii since he was elected president, and keeping with tradition they are expected to spend it in Kailua.

Every year the Obamas have rented a few houses on Kailuana Place – creating quite the buzz in the beach side community.

"It's exciting.  It's really an honor to have him here, and when he's around – actually the place is super safe because we have all this security around," said Lanette Hayashi, who lives in the neighborhood where the Obamas are expected to stay again this year.

"We go through two security points and so the second one, we have to get out of our car.  We have to be searched ourselves, plus our car has to be completely searched," described Madeline, who has lived on the same street where the Obama's have been renting for more than four decades.

Norman Asing has been working in the neighborhood for years, and is already preparing for the First Family's anticipated arrival.

"One time they stopped me – they opened up my gas cap to look into the lawn mower," Asing described with a smile.

He says the heightened security is to be expected and he simply works around it.

"One time I was doing the lawn and security walked with me up and down the lawn," he recalled with a laugh.

"It's one thing that you got to put up with until he leaves and then everything goes back to normal, but other than that people are excited when he's here, you know?" Asing said.

When the President visits, the canal running through the Kailuana Street neighborhood is off limits. During his stay, it's patrolled by Navy seals and a Coast Guard cutter is positioned in the bay.  It's just one of the many security measures put in place, including military blockades on the beach and security checkpoints along the street where he stays.

"I understand he's the President and so he needs his security, but I'd like for him to pick next year another spot. This would be really nice," said Madeline. "At first it was exciting, but now it's no longer exciting.  It's maddening."

Others disagree.

"The Presidential family is a family also – they're people, and I think they need their Holiday away from the hustle and bustle of everything," said Hayashi, who only has to go through one security checkpoint when he's in town.  "I always run out when I know he's coming by with his family or any other time, so for me, no – it's not an imposition, whatsoever.  It's merely just a matter of protocol that they have to go through so I don't feel bothered at all."

Employees at Island Snow, where the President likes to pop in for shave ice, say they look forward to his visit.

"For us, we just kind of cross our fingers and hope that he stops by," described Richard Whaley, who has served the President and his family the last few times he's come in.

"They [security] just kind of show up and start putting up a perimeter and checking the store and checking any cars around the area.  After that and it's cleared, he comes through, stops in, gets shave ice, goes outside shakes hands and then he's on his way," Whaley explained.

The first family is expected to arrive around December 20 and is scheduled to return to Washington D.C. on January 5

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 02:11:22 pm »
The White House announced Friday that the Obamas will depart next week after what is expected to be a light work schedule for the president in Washington.

That made me laugh out loud. As if this dumb f**ker has ever done a day of work his entire life. lol

Picture of Obama 'at work' with a bunch of stupid White dudes. You can tell he is making them feel very comfortable and just radiates class,  leadership, and an interest in what is going on. BTW, apparently he was pissed because he had to miss his tee time because of some stupid 'national security' bullshit.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 02:16:32 pm »
I was in Hawaii on one of those memorable Obama vacations and stayed with my son in Kailua.  The scariest part was seeing the SEALs in their rafts patrolling that little creek.  There were also destroyers patrolling the area and the place is probably less than a mile from the Marine station at Kaneohe Bay.  They seem to have their bases covered and is probably less of a terrorist threat there than in D.C.  As far as the cost?  Well, that is quite another story.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 02:18:16 pm »
I do not have too much of a problem with Obama's vacations.  I would like to send him away on a permanent vacation.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 02:37:16 pm »
Today's schedule (I'm not making this up):

9:45 am || Receives the Presidential Daily Briefing
3:15 pm || Meets with Treasury Secretary Lew

Whew! Exhausing! Who wouldn't need a vacation after that?

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 07:47:35 pm »
Today's schedule (I'm not making this up):

9:45 am || Receives the Presidential Daily Briefing
3:15 pm || Meets with Treasury Secretary Lew

Whew! Exhausing! Who wouldn't need a vacation after that?
You are right. He usually doesn't receive a Daily Briefing! :whistle:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 12:06:59 am »
There's always a briefing. He rarely attends it.   **nononono*

Offline olde north church

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 12:16:24 am »
You are right. He usually doesn't receive a Daily Briefing! :whistle:

He prefers getting into boxers.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.