Author Topic: Democrats to turn light off on 60 and 40 watt light bulb freedom  (Read 1071 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats to turn light off on 60 and 40 watt light bulb freedom
« on: December 15, 2013, 08:44:33 am »

Democrats to Turn Light Off On 60 and 40 Watt Light Bulb Freedom

by Betty Butter • 14 December, 2013

Welcome to America where it will be illegal to manufacture 40 and 60 Watt light bulbs at the beginning of 2014.   You can thank the Democrats for this insane law.  And don’t think it doesn’t involve crony capitalism, because now GE and other light bulb manufacturers hope to make a killing by selling you more expensive bulbs.

Notice how the article below blames former President Bush, not mentioning that in 2007 there was a Democratic Congress and Senate at that time.

From WKRG.com (by CNN):

Light bulb manufacturers will cease making traditional 40 and 60-watt light bulbs — the most popular in the country — at the start of 2014.

This comes after the controversial phasing out of incandescent 75 and 100-watt light bulbs at the beginning of 2013.  In their place will be halogen bulbs, compact fluorescent bulbs, LED bulbs and high efficiency incandescents — which are just regular incandescents that have the filament wrapped in gas. All are significantly more expensive than traditional light bulbs, but offer significant energy and costs savings over the long run. (Some specialty incandescents — such as three-way bulbs — will still be available.)

The end of old light bulbs will likely anger some consumers that are already faced with higher prices for a variety of goods. But it will also tick off tea party activists since the ban is the result of the final phase of government-mandated efficiency standards.

The rules were signed into law by President George W. Bush in 2007. They are designed to address gross inefficiencies with old light bulbs — only 10% of the energy they use is converted into light, according to the Environmental Protection Agency, which has a handy fact sheet about the changes. The rest is wasted as heat.

Read more

Read more at http://blurbrain.com/democrats-turn-light-60-40-watt-light-bulb-freedom/#xe65MZyOOHeV7Bdy.99

Offline olde north church

Re: Democrats to turn light off on 60 and 40 watt light bulb freedom
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 11:24:45 am »
The democrat "War on Wattage"?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 12:44:12 pm »
The rules were signed into law by President George W. Bush in 2007.
Which means Pelosi and Reid's Congress—of which Obama ws a card carrying member—conjured this monstrosity, just like they did with the bailout and pushing daylight savings all the way into  November. Obama is not getting off that easy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 12:59:10 pm »
Which means Pelosi and Reid's Congress—of which Obama ws a card carrying member—conjured this monstrosity, just like they did with the bailout and pushing daylight savings all the way into  November. Obama is not getting off that easy.

The Daylight Savings Time was their's?  Well, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 01:43:47 pm »

Come on. You can't blame him. I'll bet you a 99 cent cheeseburger to a sirloin that he voted present.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 05:17:37 pm »
I wonder when the Mafia will get into the business of smuggling incandescent bulbs into the country, to be sold from the backs of trucks in alleys.  Hey, psst, bud, you wanna pack of 60-watts?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 05:41:00 pm »
The left is waging war on the aged and visually impaired.

Looks like I'll have to hoard 60 and 40 watt bulbs and add them to the 100 watt bulbs I have stored in the basement.

I WILL see.

No matter how they try to take away my ability to read, and function, I WILL oppose them.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 05:44:48 pm »
This is just another demonstration for why conservatives should be as suspicious of big business as they are of big government.  Being in favor of capitalism and free markets does not entail being in favor of large business enterprises and republicans/conservatives need to become acutely aware of the distinction.  As the article rightly points out, the light-bulb makers are pleased as punch about this; it means they now have a captive market for significantly more expensive products, and protection from being undercut by smaller producers or importers of cheap incandescents.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 05:45:49 pm by Oceander »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 05:46:02 pm »
Lady - I'm with you. Our ban went into effect a couple of years back. I simply can not take low energy bulbs in the lamp beside my chair. Wish I could, it'd be a sight cheaper to run, but the lighting gives me a headache.

We are lucky - our local shop smuggles incandescents in from India a few times a year and they hold them for regular customers.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 06:32:33 pm »
Notice how the EPA and the greenie weenies will not discuss what happens if one of these, essentially, toxic grenades breaks. They are full of mercury and all kinds of toxic stuff. You need a hazmat suit to clean up after a break.

Also, no one will talk about how to dispose of them. Is every apartment complex and neighborhood going to have a hazmat certified toxic waste dumpster to put them in?

America, as a nation, is going insane. Here we are all freezing to death, and all the Left can talk about is stopping the 'warming'. Thank God for global warming. Without it we would all be living on a spinning block of ice. To hell with stopping the so called 'warming', I say we should speed it up.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 06:38:50 pm »
Our pool table requires four (4) 150 watt bulbs.  They're getting harder and harder to find.

Wondering if I'll have to get an outlet splitter to screw into each socket and use two(2) 75 watts...or something close.

Hate the eco-friendly spiral bulbs. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 06:41:47 pm »
Notice how the EPA and the greenie weenies will not discuss what happens if one of these, essentially, toxic grenades breaks. They are full of mercury and all kinds of toxic stuff. You need a hazmat suit to clean up after a break.

Also, no one will talk about how to dispose of them. Is every apartment complex and neighborhood going to have a hazmat certified toxic waste dumpster to put them in?

America, as a nation, is going insane. Here we are all freezing to death, and all the Left can talk about is stopping the 'warming'. Thank God for global warming. Without it we would all be living on a spinning block of ice. To hell with stopping the so called 'warming', I say we should speed it up.

"toxic grenades" indeed.  i wonder if they'll be labeled as such.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 08:28:08 pm by Oceander »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 06:46:21 pm »
"toxic grenades" indeed.  i wonder if they'll be labeled as such.

Too late. The eldest two grand kids are now fascinated with the idea. Thanks for me having to spend  the rest of my Sunday evening discussing different types of toxins, the difference between implosions and explosions, and how to use a grenade!  :whistle: