Author Topic: Judge Napolitano on SC's Anti Obamacare bill: "If enough states do this, it will gut Obamacare"  (Read 1121 times)

rangerrebew

Judge Napolitano on SC’s Anti Obamacare Bill: “If enough states do this, it will gut Obamacare”

Posted on December 12, 2013 by Cathleen

Ben Swann – by Joshua Cook

Judge Andrew Napolitano said South Carolina has the Constitutional right to pass a bill that would essentially nullify or eliminate Obamacare. The bill, entitled “South Carolina Freedom of Health Care Protection Act,” was voted on and passed by a 65-34 vote in the state House of Representatives last April. Now, it moves on to the Republican-controlled state Senate that will be fast-tracked and could quickly be signed into law by South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley.

Here is what Napolitano had to say about the proposed legislation:

“Basically, what South Carolina is doing is instructing employees of the state of South Carolina to not to participate in facilitating the law and to prohibit the expenditure of public funds on the law,” said Napolitano.

“If the President wants Obamacare in South Carolina, the feds will have to pay for it, and the feds will have to establish it.”

He cited that the original version of Obamacare required the states to establish and pay for their own exchanges. The Supreme Court said that the federal government does not have that authority to “commandeer” or force a state to spend money, he explained.

“So, South Carolina can do this.”

If South Carolina successfully does this, he said Republican-lead states will follow.

“If enough states do this, it will gut Obamacare,” he added.

Joshua Cook

Joshua Cook currently lives in Greenville, South Carolina. Joshua Cook’s articles have also been cited on sites such as InfoWars, Reason.com, WND.com, Breitbart.com, DailyCaller and FreedomOutPost.com. If you have any tips please email me at joshuacook@benswann.com. Like me on FB and follow me on Twitter. Liberty is Rising!
 Read more: http://benswann.com/video-judge-napolitano-on-scs-anti-obamacare-bill-if-enough-states-do-this-it-will-gut-obamacare/#ixzz2nJ2YwrEY
 Follow us: @BenSwann_ on Twitter
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:36:01 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline flowers

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ If South Carolina successfully does this, he said Republican-lead states will follow.
“If enough states do this, it will gut Obamacare,” he added. ]]

Worth noting that it was South Carolina that led the way once before in American history -- 'way back there in 1861 !

Oceander

[[ If South Carolina successfully does this, he said Republican-lead states will follow.
“If enough states do this, it will gut Obamacare,” he added. ]]

Worth noting that it was South Carolina that led the way once before in American history -- 'way back there in 1861 !

If they'd chosen less violent means back then, things might have turned out differently.

Offline olde north church

Damned libertarian free-thinker!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If they'd chosen less violent means back then, things might have turned out differently.

They chose the lest violent means possible! They chose to leave and asked only t be left alone!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

They chose the lest violent means possible! They chose to leave and asked only t be left alone!

I don't think so.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't think so.

I'm not, in the least, surprised by that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien