Author Topic: @WhiteHouse does it again. Tweets picture of Obama as Sandy Hook memorial  (Read 1320 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Narcissism knows no limits
The White HouseVerified account ‏@WhiteHouse

President Obama and @FLOTUS light 26 candles in remembrance of the victims of the #Newtown shooting. #SandyHook, pic.twitter.com/NsdhSY0edK

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/411896312594853889/photo/1

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
He's really starting to irritate me.  :chairbang: :chairbang: :chairbang:

Not about lighting the candles - that is respectful and a way of honoring the dead, and, like it or not, he is the President.

But a bloody picture was NOT necessary.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

He's really starting to irritate me.  :chairbang: :chairbang: :chairbang:

Not about lighting the candles - that is respectful and a way of honoring the dead, and, like it or not, he is the President.

But a bloody picture was NOT necessary.

It is always a picture of himself too. As a photographer, I would have set up a shot of just the candles, possibly being lit, with a larger aperture setting (f1.8) to blur the background candles, but without any obvious person to distract from the feeling. Something like this:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Exactly! That would be a perfect picture for the news story. If the Worm needed his ego stroked, a mention in the picture caption would have been more than sufficient.

Offline ABX

Exactly! That would be a perfect picture for the news story. If the Worm needed his ego stroked, a mention in the picture caption would have been more than sufficient.

Notice they actually use a lower aperture setting (F8/F16) to make Michelle in the foreground blurry and the focus on Obama himself. All the focus points seem to be on Obama, none on the candles..

Offline flowers

You are right it is starting to get real irritating.I wonder how long it will be before the administration makes every house have a photo of him in every room of your house? Just like they do in tyrant ruled countries?  :whistle:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Notice they actually use a lower aperture setting (F8/F16) to make Michelle in the foreground blurry and the focus on Obama himself. All the focus points seem to be on Obama, none on the candles..

Been a LONG time since I had the old Zenit or Olympus out and had to play with F stops!

Did have a quick look at some of the other recent pictures though, and by Jove, you are right. I a lot of them he is so in focus he almost looks photoshopped in.

Offline ABX

I just noticed the composition is also very bad, showing the unfinished back of the candle stand. They were so focused on Obama, they didn't think about the basics.