Author Topic: @WhiteHouse does it again. Tweets picture of Obama as Sandy Hook memorial  (Read 472 times)

Offline AbaraXas

• Just a nobody
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Just a nobody
Narcissism knows no limits
The White HouseVerified account ‏@WhiteHouse

President Obama and @FLOTUS light 26 candles in remembrance of the victims of the #Newtown shooting. #SandyHook, pic.twitter.com/NsdhSY0edK

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/411896312594853889/photo/1
Never delude yourself into thinking you're "influencing" or making a difference on the internet. It is an ephemeral pleasure.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Itchy yet?
He's really starting to irritate me.  :chairbang: :chairbang: :chairbang:

Not about lighting the candles - that is respectful and a way of honoring the dead, and, like it or not, he is the President.

But a bloody picture was NOT necessary.
Anyone who tells you you can't buy happiness has never been in a book store or an animal shelter.

You are the result of 3 billion years of evolutionary success. Act like it.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline AbaraXas

• Just a nobody
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Just a nobody
He's really starting to irritate me.  :chairbang: :chairbang: :chairbang:

Not about lighting the candles - that is respectful and a way of honoring the dead, and, like it or not, he is the President.

But a bloody picture was NOT necessary.

It is always a picture of himself too. As a photographer, I would have set up a shot of just the candles, possibly being lit, with a larger aperture setting (f1.8) to blur the background candles, but without any obvious person to distract from the feeling. Something like this:

Never delude yourself into thinking you're "influencing" or making a difference on the internet. It is an ephemeral pleasure.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Itchy yet?
Exactly! That would be a perfect picture for the news story. If the Worm needed his ego stroked, a mention in the picture caption would have been more than sufficient.
Anyone who tells you you can't buy happiness has never been in a book store or an animal shelter.

Offline AbaraXas

• Just a nobody
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Just a nobody
Exactly! That would be a perfect picture for the news story. If the Worm needed his ego stroked, a mention in the picture caption would have been more than sufficient.

Notice they actually use a lower aperture setting (F8/F16) to make Michelle in the foreground blurry and the focus on Obama himself. All the focus points seem to be on Obama, none on the candles..

Offline flowers

You are right it is starting to get real irritating.I wonder how long it will be before the administration makes every house have a photo of him in every room of your house? Just like they do in tyrant ruled countries?  :whistle:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Itchy yet?
Notice they actually use a lower aperture setting (F8/F16) to make Michelle in the foreground blurry and the focus on Obama himself. All the focus points seem to be on Obama, none on the candles..

Been a LONG time since I had the old Zenit or Olympus out and had to play with F stops!

Did have a quick look at some of the other recent pictures though, and by Jove, you are right. I a lot of them he is so in focus he almost looks photoshopped in.

Offline AbaraXas

• Just a nobody
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Just a nobody
I just noticed the composition is also very bad, showing the unfinished back of the candle stand. They were so focused on Obama, they didn't think about the basics.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf