Author Topic: 10 Quotes That Help Explain Why So Many Conservatives Don't Trust The Republican Party  (Read 506 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

Great article.

Offline happyg

Great article.

Where's the regular GOPe folks trashing the column? It is a good article.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
It's not going to happen overnight, but if we keep going after Republicans who sell us out, even the ones that are as hostile as John McCain, Peter King and Lindsey Graham will eventually have to get on board if they want to keep their jobs.

And in the meantime the democrats get to stay firmly ensconced in power.

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
And in the meantime the democrats get to stay firmly ensconced in power.

That is because there is no republican party in D.C. :doa:  It is an offshoot, a sect if you will, of the democrat party.  They don't believe in exactly the same things but close enough for government work, and both believe in the god of power and will do anything to keep it, including selling their souls to the highest bidder.  In my early years I was a staunch democrat, became a staunch republican, and am now a staunch conservative - a person without representation in congress.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
That is because there is no republican party in D.C. :doa:  It is an offshoot, a sect if you will, of the democrat party.  They don't believe in exactly the same things but close enough for government work, and both believe in the god of power and will do anything to keep it, including selling their souls to the highest bidder.  In my early years I was a staunch democrat, became a staunch republican, and am now a staunch conservative - a person without representation in congress.

And in-fighting without discussion or some ability to compromise simply ensures that the real democrats, rather than the democrat-lite republicans, stay in power.

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
And in-fighting without discussion or some ability to compromise simply ensures that the real democrats, rather than the democrat-lite republicans, stay in power.

So true, but it also an indication that the party is rudderless, without any unity to keep them together.  Pro sports is a good comparison.  I could be hired as a head coach but that would not keep the team strong or united.  It wouldn't take people long to see I have little skill and the power struggles and withdrawals begin until the whole team was engaged in power struggles and pacts against this or that.  Soon unity would give way to desperation and a desire to be traded to a team with better leaders.  I give you the republican party.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
So true, but it also an indication that the party is rudderless, without any unity to keep them together.  Pro sports is a good comparison.  I could be hired as a head coach but that would not keep the team strong or united.  It wouldn't take people long to see I have little skill and the power struggles and withdrawals begin until the whole team was engaged in power struggles and pacts against this or that.  Soon unity would give way to desperation and a desire to be traded to a team with better leaders.  I give you the republican party.

I don't completely disagree with you; however, to tease out the analogy, there is only one other team, and that team is even worse than the team you're currently on.  That, or you could try to create your own team.  Neither alternative is very palatable.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf