Author Topic: California Man Has to Be One of the Most Unlucky Property Owners in the Country  (Read 628 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/13/california-man-has-to-be-one-of-the-most-unlucky-property-owners-in-the-country/

California Man Has to Be One of the Most Unlucky Property Owners in the Country
Dec. 13, 2013 3:18pm Becket Adams

A California family is frightened to live in their own home after the fourth driver in 14 months barreled through their backyard fence this week.

The first time a car crashed through their property was in February 2012, said Chad Bradley who lives in the Sacramento County house with his family.

A photo of one of the four crashes experienced by the Bradleys (image source: CBS Sacramento)

“There was a high-speed chase by the CHP coming this say,” he told CBS Sacramento. “The second time was a 16-year-old girl with no driver’s license.”

The second time it happened was just before Thanksgiving of 2012 and the third time it happened was just two days after that.

Unfortunately for Bradley, he’s the one stuck footing the bill whenever the accidents occur.

“Everybody in the neighborhood knows that this house has been hit numerous times,” he said.

Bradley’s brother, who owns the home, has called county officials and requested that a stop light and a brick wall be put up to prevent any futures accidents.

However, they’ve been told it could be quite awhile before anyone comes out to evaluate the intersection.

“I can’t risk something happening to my family waiting on the county getting something done here,” he said.

In the meantime, Bradley has erected his own cement barriers and one actually stopped a car recently.

For their part, officials with the Sacramento County Transportation Department said the following in a statement: “At this time, we do not have the necessary collision reports. We will check with CHP to inquire about these collisions as they are not yet in our database.”

“DOT staff spoke to the resident last week and we indicated to her that it may take a few weeks to gather the necessary information and complete our investigation,” the statement added.

But until the issue gets resolves, Bradley says he and his family live in fear.

“They don’t even want to sleep in their rooms,” he said. “They sleep in the front room right now.”
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Bradley’s brother, who owns the home, has called county officials and requested that a stop light and a brick wall be put up to prevent any futures accidents.

A brick wall won't do it.  There is a house at the other end of my street which is a corner house on a curve, several years ago someone rounded the curve drunk and hit the telephone company equipment box on the corner, then last year some drunk kids didn't make the curve and slammed through the block wall and into the back of the house at two in the morning... Oh and the owner of the house is a local policeman.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

Concrete, or even a heavy wooden structure (telephone pole type members) would be better than a brick wall.

Offline Cincinnatus

We had a similar situation here but this was on a simple roundabout. People going around it often did so too fast and plowed into this guy's front yard time and again. Happened so often it made the news and every time it happened he and the city got into a tussle about responsibility and fixing his shrubbery and front lawn. Finally the city put up a concrete barrier, about 3 feet high, and his problems ended. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 06:36:35 am by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

We had a similar situation here but this was on a simple roundabout. People going around it often did so too fast and plowed into this guy's front yard time and again. Happened so often it made the news and every time it happened he and the city got into a tussle about responsibility and fixing his shrubbery and front lawn. Finally the city put up a concrete barrier, about 3 feet high, and his problems ended.

There is a house on a curve a couple of miles from here.  When they were building it I commented it was not in a good spot as there used to be skid marks across the road and into what had been a vacant lot...... anyway, the house was no sooner finished and landscaped and I was driving downtown one day and a young girl had plowed through their front yard..... a few weeks later it was re-landscaped and in place was a few huge decorative boulders.  Anyone hitting those boulders will come to an abrupt stop.

Offline raml

We had a home when I was growing up on a corner it was an acre lot and the house was quite far from the road. My dad had a huge rock brought in to set on the corner after our lawn was torn up all the time. Well not to many days later someone made it around the rock and stopped just about a foot from my bedroom I woke up and saw car lights streaming into my room and was shocked to see a car right below my window that has my bed beneath it.  The woman driving was drunk. I never saw my dad so mad in my life he had a few more large rocks put on that corner and no one ever went on the lawn or came near the house again although a few did hit the rocks and they were huge about five feet high or more so the cars really got damaged but that was there fault.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:26:47 am by raml »