Author Topic: Surveillance footage shows why it's a bad idea to attempt armed robbery on a cage fighter  (Read 392 times)

rangerrebew

Surveillance Footage Shows Why It’s a Bad Idea to Attempt Armed Robbery on a Cage Fighter

Dec. 15, 2013 9:15am Oliver Darcy

Retired MMA fighter Tom “Mate” Anderton did not hesitate to confront an alleged thief last Saturday after he says he caught the unidentified man inserting items into his pockets while browsing his Pa. store.

“I went to get the rest of the stuff in his pocket and when I did that, that’s when he pulled the knife out. And it was a big knife and that’s when it was on right there,” Anderton explained to WPMT-TV.

“I grabbed his arm, started shouting ‘drop the knife,’” Anderton adds in a YouTube video, noting his 12-year-old daughter was nearby in the store.

When the man refused, the former cage fighter says he employed some of his martial arts techniques.

“I’m not actually trying to choke him out,” Anderton explains, as he narrates video of the incident. “But he’s still struggling … he’s still … in a second I just put my hand on the back of his head, apply a bit more pressure and he just goes limp.”

“…I just put my hand on the back of his head, apply a bit more pressure and he just goes limp.”

Share:    .
“You know, that’s it,” he continues. “I just pretty much let him go then and he’s calm after that pretty much.”

According to WPMT-TV, police then arrived on the scene and charged the man with felony robbery.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/15/surveillance-footage-shows-why-its-a-bad-idea-to-attempt-armed-robbery-on-a-cage-fighter/
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 04:05:39 pm by rangerrebew »