Author Topic: FreedomWorks’ Matt Kibbe Fires Back at John Boehner: ‘Civil War’  (Read 4665 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/13/freedomworks-matt-kibbe-fires-back-at-john-boehner-civil-war/

FreedomWorks’ Matt Kibbe Fires Back at John Boehner: ‘Civil War’
Dec. 13, 2013 11:33pm Erica Ritz

President and CEO of FreedomWorks Matt Kibbe fired back at House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Friday over accusations that unnamed conservative groups are “misleading their followers” in opposing the Ryan-Murray budget deal.

“They’re pushing our members in places where they don’t want to be, and frankly I think they’ve lost all credibility,” Boehner told reporters Thursday.

Speaking on the Glenn Beck Program with guest host Oceander Loesch, Kibbe seemed relieved that Boehner “finally went public with something that’s been going on for well over a year.”

In the past, Kibbe said, the “attacks” have always been “behind the scenes.”

“I think this is a civil war, and I think it’s a fight we have to fight right now,” Kibbe said frankly.
FreedomWorks CEO Matt Kibbe Fires Back at John Boehner: Civil War

Though many are concerned about infighting within the GOP with midterm elections around the corner, Kibbe argued that “we’re going to have to fight the Republicans before we ever beat the Democrats.”

“So many of these guys in the House in the Senate …  They’re worried about one thing,” he said. “They’re not worried about the Republican Party. They’re not worried about balancing the budget. They’re worried about their re-election, and I think we need to come to terms with the fact that there’s a lot of self-interest that we need to beat in this party.”

“But we had these same fights in 2010,” he added, “and the Tea Party and the grassroots trumped the insiders then, and I think we can do it in (2014).”
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

Re: FreedomWorks’ Matt Kibbe Fires Back at John Boehner: ‘Civil War’
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 06:15:41 pm »
“So many of these guys in the House in the Senate …  They’re worried about one thing,” he said. “They’re not worried about the Republican Party. They’re not worried about balancing the budget. They’re worried about their re-election, and I think we need to come to terms with the fact that there’s a lot of self-interest that we need to beat in this party.

Did Kibbe write this with a straight face?  LOL!!

All YOU are about, Mattie-boy, is raising money and you're worried now about your next fund-raising issue.

Self-interest indeed.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 06:49:28 pm »
Did Kibbe write this with a straight face?  LOL!!

All YOU are about, Mattie-boy, is raising money and you're worried now about your next fund-raising issue.

Self-interest indeed.

Stopped clock, my friend. The source may be in it for the cash, doesn't make the point wrong.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 07:13:37 pm »
Advocacy is cheap. What is truly difficult is governing a nation made up of 300+ million sets of competing advocacies.

Someone should explain that to Mr. Kibbe.

PACs (all PACS) and advocacy groups function under the notion that they can purchase governance, with the extra added benefit of non-accountability. If politicians they fund support failed policies that they advocate, they are not held accountable for the failures. The politicians are.

Groups like this need to concentrate on funding T.E.A. Party candidates that will defeat sitting Democrats. Instead they come after GOP candidates seeking re-election then whine about how the GOP doesn't "like" them.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 07:25:29 pm »
The Republican Party embraced the strategy of Heritage Action and FreedomWorks in September as advocated by Ted Cruz and Mike Lee.  It turned out to be a miserable failure.

They won't make that mistake again.  The shutdown weakened DeMint and Company to the point that very few House members are afraid of them any longer.  Threats of "scoring" this vote fell on deaf ears.

Next year's election will be about the failure of Obamacare, not the budget.  On that, the Tea Party advocacy groups and mainstream Republicans agree.

But there's no money in agreement, so look for the pot to get stirred by something else (ANYTHING ELSE!)  by Misters Kibbe and DeMint.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 07:46:37 pm »

But there's no money in agreement, so look for the pot to get stirred by something else (ANYTHING ELSE!)  by Misters Kibbe and DeMint.

So Cornyn, McConnell, etc. don't raise money - or do you only object when it is a CONSERVATIVE raising money instead of one of your precious progressive's.   All you do is complain about Cruz raising money, Palin raising money, Freedom Works raising money, DeMint raising money???  NEVER do you complain about your precious candidates raising money.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 07:47:49 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 07:50:24 pm »
Advocacy is cheap. What is truly difficult is governing a nation made up of 300+ million sets of competing advocacies.

PACs (all PACS) and advocacy groups function under the notion that they can purchase governance, with the extra added benefit of non-accountability. If politicians they fund support failed policies that they advocate, they are not held accountable for the failures. The politicians are.

Groups like this need to concentrate on funding T.E.A. Party candidates that will defeat sitting Democrats. Instead they come after GOP candidates seeking re-election then whine about how the GOP doesn't "like" them.

The GOP Candidates selling us out deserve to be primaried - that is what primaries are for! 

I guess this little progressive cabal that has formed on TBR has forgotten why the GOP lost BOTH the senate and congress in 2006?  They are repeating the same things that lost them both houses and when they pass amnesty - and Boehner WILL pass it the GOP will once again lose the one house they currently hold and they ONLY hold thanks to the Tea Party the few of you here have decided to give the big Alynsky treatment.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 07:53:54 pm »
So Cornyn, McConnell, etc. don't raise money - or do you only object when it is a CONSERVATIVE raising money instead of one of your precious progressive's.   All you do is complain about Cruz raising money, Palin raising money, Freedom Works raising money, DeMint raising money???  NEVER do you complain about your precious candidates raising money.

Politicians aren't  skimming money off the top and stuffing it into their pockets as these PAC execs are. 

EVERYTHING IS A PERSONAL ATTACK WITH YOU!!!!  Can you not discuss something without attacking me?

Apparently not.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 07:57:51 pm »
Politicians aren't  skimming money off the top and stuffing it into their pockets as these PAC execs are. 

EVERYTHING IS A PERSONAL ATTACK WITH YOU!!!!  Can you not discuss something without attacking me?

Apparently not.

That was not an attack it was the truth - all you do is complain about Kibbe, Freedom Works, Cruz, Lee, Palin, etc., raising money - never a word about your guys doing the exact same thing.... and everyone has a PAC and they all have to report how they spend the money in their PACS.   How on earth do you think people like McConnell goes from law school to congress and not from a wealthy family and is now worth 90 million dollars?    Get real!!!!!! 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 08:05:03 pm »
What's funny (possibly ironically sad too) is that the positions and values that Kibbe is espousing were mainstream Republican values not even a decade ago. They are what ushered in Newt's contract with America. They are what helped us take back the House in 2010. They are the values of the Reagan Revolution.  What the RNCe has failed to overlook time and time again is when they embrace and communicate these values, they win in landslides. When they become all 'play nice', ball-less, game players, they lose.  Look at Ted Cruz who came in against an establishment candidate and cleaned his clock. Then, his non-filibuster turned out to be exactly correct (to everyone but those who are still nursing at the propaganda of the MSM).

What's even sadder is they also aren't that far off of Democrat values of Kennedy.

The establishment has become more and more of an inept ruling class and so many are satisfied to just let them act like teenagers in a mall with their credit card.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 08:08:56 pm »

Needs to be repeated over and over.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 08:09:59 pm »
That was not an attack it was the truth - all you do is complain about Kibbe, Freedom Works, Cruz, Lee, Palin, etc., raising money - never a word about your guys doing the exact same thing.... and everyone has a PAC and they all have to report how they spend the money in their PACS.   How on earth do you think people like McConnell goes from law school to congress and not from a wealthy family and is now worth 90 million dollars?    Get real!!!!!!

I AM NOT THE ISSUE!!  These advocacy groups are the issue, and Ted Cruz was the issue when he was leading the GOP over the cliff in the shutdown.

The air is bleeding out of these Tea Party PACS.  The House GOP is no longer afraid of them,  and Senators showed they weren't back in October.

If they can't scare anybody, they have no power.

Go ahead and primary as many of these guys as you want.  Spend all your money in anger against them.

But don't get your hopes up.   

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 08:14:13 pm »
I AM NOT THE ISSUE!!  These advocacy groups are the issue, and Ted Cruz was the issue when he was leading the GOP over the cliff in the shutdown.

The air is bleeding out of these Tea Party PACS.  The House GOP is no longer afraid of them,  and Senators showed they weren't back in October.

If they can't scare anybody, they have no power.

Go ahead and primary as many of these guys as you want.  Spend all your money in anger against them.

But don't get your hopes up.

Like I said above - you and those like you are the reason the GOP lost BOTH houses in 2006.  There is only ONE reason Boehner is speaker today - the Tea Party - not the Chamber of Commerce  - the TEA PARTY........  the very people he and you and your buddies are giving the big get lost middle finger today... so when you lose big in 2014 look in the mirror the reason for the loss will be staring back at you when you shave.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 08:23:41 pm »
Like I said above - you and those like you are the reason the GOP lost BOTH houses in 2006.  There is only ONE reason Boehner is speaker today - the Tea Party - not the Chamber of Commerce  - the TEA PARTY........  the very people he and you and your buddies are giving the big get lost middle finger today... so when you lose big in 2014 look in the mirror the reason for the loss will be staring back at you when you shave.

The GOP lost both Houses because Bush was unpopular, just as Obama is unpopular now.  And there were a couple of scandals in the House (Foley). 

Yes, yes, we all know about what the Tea Party did in 2010 and we also know that they helped put up idiots like Sharron Angle and Christine O'Donnell that kept the GOP from winning the Senate.  So it was a mixed bag.

Nobody's giving the Tea Party PACS the middle finger;   THEY are the ones who opposed the budget before it was even released.  They gave away the game way too early, which is why so many GOP House members voted for it.

The GOP will win the Senate and retain the House unless the Tea Party brats decide to stay home out of spite.  And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if your crowd did exactly that.

But, I doubt that will happen, given that Independents hate Obamacare, and THAT is what the mid-terms are going to be about.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2013, 08:25:55 pm »
Nope they did not lose in 2006 because of George Bush.  They lost because they spent like drunken sailors and the people were fed up with the spending and the growing deficit... the same deficit your precious progressives just added another 4 - 5 trillion to with this so-called budget..

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2013, 08:28:24 pm »
The GOP Candidates selling us out deserve to be primaried - that is what primaries are for! 

I guess this little progressive cabal that has formed on TBR has forgotten why the GOP lost BOTH the senate and congress in 2006?  They are repeating the same things that lost them both houses and when they pass amnesty - and Boehner WILL pass it the GOP will once again lose the one house they currently hold and they ONLY hold thanks to the Tea Party the few of you here have decided to give the big Alynsky treatment.

Rap... don't cast the first stone then complain when I unload the catapult on you.

Disagreeing with you doesn't make me a progressive.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2013, 08:31:16 pm »
Nope they did not lose in 2006 because of George Bush.  They lost because they spent like drunken sailors and the people were fed up with the spending and the growing deficit... the same deficit your precious progressives just added another 4 - 5 trillion to with this so-called budget..

If voters were concerned about spending and the deficit, they would never have re-elected Barack Obama.

Try again.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2013, 08:36:42 pm »
If voters were concerned about spending and the deficit, they would never have re-elected Barack Obama.

Try again.

Obama won that election thanks to Hurricane Sandy, Chris Christie and a whole lot of fraud as well as the color of his skin.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2013, 08:52:06 pm »
Obama won that election thanks to Hurricane Sandy, Chris Christie and a whole lot of fraud as well as the color of his skin.

In other words, voters weren't concerned about spending and deficits.

Just as I said.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2013, 08:54:36 pm »

IMHO, Obama won because he played the role of Santa Claus promising free presents to everyone while Romney sold personal responsibility. We have a lot of work to do in the US to get our self-sufficient spirit back..

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2013, 08:56:48 pm »

Try again.

I've discussed the deficit and the debt with friends who are not into politics as much as I am, and their attitude toward both is similar. They don't worry about the debt because they think that no harm would come to the US if we default on it. So in turn they don't worry about the deficit.

Their theory is that at one point or another we will renegotiate the debt and that our creditors will have no choice but to accept our terms. Then life will go on as usual.

Non-political junkies see the world differently than we do. Federal spending and deficits are not important to them.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2013, 08:57:36 pm »
IMHO, Obama won because he played the role of Santa Claus promising free presents to everyone while Romney sold personal responsibility. We have a lot of work to do in the US to get our self-sufficient spirit back..

Never EVER attack your customers.

Calling 47% of the country "Takers" killed Romney's chances, no matter what else he did or said.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2013, 08:59:12 pm »
I've discussed the deficit and the debt with friends who are not into politics as much as I am, and their attitude toward both is similar. They don't worry about the debt because they think that no harm would come to the US if we default on it. So in turn they don't worry about the deficit.

Their theory is that at one point or another we will renegotiate the debt and that our creditors will have no choice but to accept our terms. Then life will go on as usual.

Non-political junkies see the world differently than we do. Federal spending and deficits are not important to them.

When you owe the bank $10,000, the bank owns you.

When you owe the bank $17 trillion, you own the bank.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2013, 08:59:43 pm »
Never EVER attack your customers.

Calling 47% of the country "Takers" killed Romney's chances, no matter what else he did or said.

He wasn't wrong, but it was wrong to say it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2013, 09:01:05 pm »
When you owe the bank $10,000, the bank owns you.

When you owe the bank $17 trillion, you own the bank.

That is true.

I just don't know that what we owe China qualifies as bank ownership yet.