Author Topic: Obama's 'if you like your plan you can keep it' promise named 'lie of the Year'  (Read 485 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:01:56 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline NavyCanDo

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline happyg

Juan Williams is still defending the lie, and saying it wasn't a lie, but a poor choice of words. Liberals will let the guy smack them around, and still defend him. I don't think it's all ideology, but that they don't like to be wrong. It's like children who cry when they lose games, whose parents let them win to shut them up.

Offline mountaineer

Juan Williams is still defending the lie, and saying it wasn't a lie, but a poor choice of words. Liberals will let the guy smack them around, and still defend him. I don't think it's all ideology, but that they don't like to be wrong. It's like children who cry when they lose games, whose parents let them win to shut them up.
Liberals will argue 2 + 2 = 5 if it advances their agenda.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline andy58-in-nh

The real problem was that Obama didn't have a translator with him when he said it:

Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline Cincinnatus

Wow, Andy, now that is awesome. Well done.

Juan Williams is making himself look like a fool, or maybe, more correctly, revealing how much of a fool he really is.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

Wow, Andy, now that is awesome. Well done.

Juan Williams is making himself look like a fool, or maybe, more correctly, revealing how much of a fool he really is.

I just don't understand how he can have two sons who are conservatives.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Insanity frequently skips a generation.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline happyg

Juan is a racist, and his kids aren't. I think his wife is also a conservative. She hated the people at NPR, who treated her like a second class citizen (her words), and ignored her a parties. At Fox, she said everyone treated her like family, and where she and Juan were the only blacks at NPR gatherings, Fox has a mix of all kinds of people

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor

Would you want to emulate Juan Williams?  Ergo conservative.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf