Author Topic: Sebelius Flip-Flop: Doesn’t Provide Congress List of Obamacare Plans Not Covering Abortion  (Read 704 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/sebelius-flip-flop-doesn-t-provide-congress-list-obamacare-plans-not

(CNSNews.com) – Although Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said on Oct. 30 that she would provide Congress with a list of the Obamacare plans in the federal health exchange that do not cover abortion, she has yet to do so and, testifying on Dec. 11, backed away from that pledge and urged consumers to just look at the plan benefits on the exchange website.

At the Oct. 30 hearing before the House Committee on Energy and Commerce , Rep. John Shimkus (R-Ill.) asked Seblius, “Can you provide for the committee the list of insurers in the federal exchange who do not offer, as part of their package, abortion coverage?”

During a somewhat heated back-and-forth, Sebelis said, “I think we can do that, sir,” and added, “I know that is the plan, I will get that information to you