Author Topic: Obama given little credit for improving economy  (Read 556 times)

Offline happyg

Obama given little credit for improving economy
« on: December 12, 2013, 03:35:12 pm »
By Rebecca Shabad
President Obama is receiving little credit for the improving economy, according to a new poll by Bloomberg News.

Half of the public says the recent drop in the unemployment rate to 7 percent would have happened anyway without the Obama administration doing anything, the poll suggests.

Forty-five percent, meanwhile, say Obama deserves credit for the economic progress.
The Labor Department revealed Friday that 203,000 jobs were added in November, and that the unemployment rate fell to 7 percent — the lowest in five years.

Bloomberg’s poll also indicates 60 percent say Obama isn’t responsible for the improving housing market, and 64 percent don’t give him credit for skyrocketing stock prices.

A majority, 58 percent, disapproves of the way Obama has handled the economy, which is a 10-percentage-pont increase from a year ago

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/192737-obama-given-little-credit-for-improving-economy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Obama given little credit for improving economy
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 03:40:03 pm »
There has been no drop in the unemployment rate but there sure as heck has been a very large drop in the labor participation rate!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien