Author Topic: Amazing: Landrieu completely throws Obama under the bus in first TV ad  (Read 397 times)

rangerrebew

Townhall.com logo

December 12, 2013

Amazing: Landrieu Completely Throws Obama Under the Bus in First TV Ad

Daniel Doherty

12/11/2013 12:20:00 PM - Daniel Doherty

I’m confused. Last week Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA) said if she could vote for Obamacare again, she would. Now for some reason she’s completely distancing herself from it?

If you are to believe this ad, President Obama lied to her constituents. Not her (via Politico)

But there’s just one problem here: in 2009 Landrieu herself said if Americans liked their health care plans, they could keep them. Oops:

The ad spot above is deceptive and misleading. It puts all the blame on the president, when in truth she built support for -- and ultimately helped pass -- Obamacare. At the same time the ad paints her as a hapless bystander who (ahem) had no idea millions of Americans would lose their health care coverage. And now, of course, the good public servant that she is, she's working hard to “fix” a “glitch” she never saw coming.

I'm skeptical. From Guy’s piece last October:

In September 2010, all Senate Democrats, including Landrieu, voted to reject a plan Republicans said would have killed Obama administration regulations that now have resulted in the cancellation of insurance policies.

Her ad implies she didn’t know this would happen -- which is exceedingly difficult to believe given what you just read. Republicans were ringing the warning bells for years. Democrats ignored them. Now she’s in deep political trouble, so what does she do? She runs ads foisting all the blame on the president of the United States.

I wonder how he feels about this.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/danieldoherty/2013/12/11/landrieu-throws-obama-under-the-bus-in-first-tv-ad-n1761227
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 10:46:20 am by rangerrebew »