Author Topic: Of Course: Photographer Who Took POTUS Selfie Photo Ashamed He Broke News  (Read 631 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/2013/12/11/photographer-ashamed/

Of Course: Photographer Who Took POTUS Selfie Photo Ashamed He Broke News
December 11th, 2013 - 1:18 pm

That time Obama took a selfie with two fellow world leaders at Mandela’s memorial service http://t.co/vRXRRQGQQn pic.twitter.com/9yQwGmAhCC

— Huffington Post (@HuffingtonPost) December 11, 2013
“Obama/Cameron Selfie Photographer to TNR: I’m Ashamed of Mankind,” the New Republic reports today:

Roberto Schmidt is the AFP photographer, currently the agency’s chief photographer for South Asia, who captured that infamous snap. Reached by phone in South Africa, he sighed heavily. “Why do people care about a selfie?” he said. “This is a sad reflection of our society.” He’d gone to photograph the memorial with a team of ten photographers. They moved some 500 images on the wire. “Good images, nice, strong images,” he said. “Images of South Africans dancing, smiling, chanting, which is the way they express mourning for a man they consider to be their father.” It was a long ceremony; he took many photographs of world leaders giving speeches and South Africans grieving. And suddenly he saw the Danish prime minister lift her phone to take a photo of her face alongside seatmates Obama and Cameron. Schmidt dutifully clicked away. “They’re in front of you, this happens, you take the picture,” he said. “But I saw so many good images from that memorial. And the picture that’s getting played is the president in a selfie. That’s kind of a bummer.”

“That’s kind of a bummer.” Let’s translate that from MSM to English: I broke news — I’m a successful wire service photog! But I broke news that made Mr. Obama look bad. I’ll never hear the end of this from my peers standing around the Monsieur Coffee machine in the AFP break room in their Paris HQ. I am a failure of a photographer. I’ll never be stupid enough to break news again. Mon Dieu! Where did it all go wrong?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Of Course: Photographer Who Took POTUS Selfie Photo Ashamed He Broke News
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 02:59:18 am »
I'm sure he got a less than flattering visit from some Obama minion.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 03:26:57 am »
A president should be a class act at all times while in public, particularly at such a solemn occasion as a funeral. He has no respect for the dead. Remember, he didn't even go to his grandmother's funeral, and I wouldn't be surprised if he missed his mother's or his father's. Bummer does his thing and to hell with anyone else, unless they are providing him with his coke.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 03:58:57 am »
What's the over-and-under on him dying a natural death?  On him living another year?

....wish I were kidding. **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 01:16:21 pm »
A president should be a class act at all times while in public, particularly at such a solemn occasion as a funeral. He has no respect for the dead.
The problem with a funeral, in Barry's mind, is that it isn't about him. Don't those stupid ol' dead people know that everything has to be about him?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 07:49:42 pm »
It is just amazing to watch this occur when the WH gets its panties in a wad for showing the real obama.