Author Topic: When Will The Government Start Forcing Doctors To See Obamacare Patients? The Supreme Court Trauma Center  (Read 425 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Such is fascism.  Like that baker in Colorado who's being forced to bake cakes for bleep, doctors have two choices:  buckle down and pucker up, or quit (or move to another country to practice).

Offline Rapunzel

Such is fascism.  Like that baker in Colorado who's being forced to bake cakes for bleep, doctors have two choices:  buckle down and pucker up, or quit (or move to another country to practice).

and of course we could pass the fair tax and then we wouldn't have any need for tax lawyers or CPA's either.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
and of course we could pass the fair tax and then we wouldn't have any need for tax lawyers or CPA's either.

Hee, hee!  I love that sort of wishful thinking.  To start with, not only will the so-called fair tax not do away with the need for tax attorneys it will actually increase the need.  Why?  Because a lot of my work, for example, involves tax controversies - fighting with the IRS (or state gov'ts) over whether someone owes more tax than s/he has paid, or fighting with the IRS (or state gov'ts) over how much a person can be forced to pay for unpaid taxes.  Currently, income tax controversies are a lot less onerous than sales tax controversies because at the end of the day an individual can usually get most of his unpaid income taxes discharged in bankruptcy; sales tax debts cannot be discharged, not ever.  Why is this relevant?  Because the so-called fair tax is a sales tax and will almost certainly (as in 99.999999999% likely) be enforced the same way sales taxes are currently enforced, which means that business owners and upper management - and sometimes even outside agents like CPAs - will be held personally liable for unpaid taxes, even if the business itself is run through a corporation, LLC, or some other limited liability entity.  These people are called "responsible persons" in tax lingo and once you've been tagged as a "responsible person" your life is effectively over.  I can make a lot more money defending against a sales tax audit or a "responsible person" assessment than against your typical income tax deficiency assessment.

So, please don' t'row me in dat dere briar patch.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf