Author Topic: Kanye West lashes out at the Grammys onstage in Arizona  (Read 654 times)

Offline flowers

Kanye West lashes out at the Grammys onstage in Arizona
« on: December 12, 2013, 01:20:32 am »
http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/post--kanye-west-lashes-out-at-the-grammys-onstage-in-arizona

Kanye West took aim at U.S. Recording Academy officials for his Album of the Year Grammy snub at a show in Arizona on Dec, 10, suggesting the oversight is racially charged.

The outspoken rapper halted his show in Phoenix to share his disappointment with fans after "Yeezus" failed to grab a nod in the top album category when the nominations were announced last week. He raged, "I'm 36-years old and I have 21 Grammys. That's the most Grammys of any 36 year old. Out of all of those 21 Grammys, I've never won a Grammy against a white artist. So when the Grammy nominations come out, and Yeezus is the top one or two album on every single list (poll of the year), but only gets two nominations from the Grammys, what are they trying to say? Do they think that I wouldn't notice?"

"Do they think that, someway, that I don't have the power to completely diminish all of their credibility at this moment? "When you see me talking about what people are doing when I say 'marginalised', when I say 'boxed in', when I say 'hold back' (sic), when I say 'people are afraid of the truth', that's one example right there in front of you."

West admits he's not impressed with his two Grammy nods for Best Rap Album and Best Rap Song for New Slaves, adding, "People come to me and congratulate me on those two nominations. F--k those nominations!"

so the white man is keeping you down Kanye? Maybe you shouldn't have taken the mic from Taylor Swift at that awards show! That took out any chance you had at any award for some time.

Online mountaineer

Re: Kanye West lashes out at the Grammys onstage in Arizona
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 01:45:26 am »
The 31 Best Kanye West Quotes of 2013
By Chancellor Agard
December 11th 20135:16 pm

He’s a god. He’s the espresso. He’s the Braveheart of creativity. He's Shakespeare in the flesh. And that’s just a taste of what Kanye West said about himself in 2013.

“Yeezy season approaching/F--- whatever y’all be hearing/F--- what, f--- whatever y’all been wearing/A monster about to come alive again”

These lyrics opened Kanye West’s Yeezus. They also warned of what was to come in the latter half of 2013. Since his album dropped in June, Kanye has made a welcomed return to the limelight with multiple candid interviews and public appearances. And if there’s one thing you can expect when Kanye is in a room, it’s that he’ll say something that will be worth discussing with your friends. Thankfully, West did not disappoint—he gave us some great quotes on pop culture, design, the state of rap, the fashion industry, and of course Kanye West, the creative genius.

“I think that’s a responsibility that I have, to push possibilities, to show people, this is the level that things could be at. So when you get something that has the name Kanye West on it, it’s supposed to be pushing the furthest possibilities. I will be the leader of a company that ends up being worth billions of dollars, because I got the answers. I understand culture. I am the nucleus.” June 16, New York Times

"I am so credible and so influential and so relevant that I will change things." June 16, New York Times

“It’s only led me to complete awesomeness at all times. It’s only led me to awesome truth and awesomeness. Beauty, truth, awesomeness. That’s all it is. “June 16, New York Times

“So the next day I went to the studio with Daft Punk, and I wrote ‘I Am a God,’Cause it’s like, yo! Nobody can tell me where I can and can’t go. Man, I’m the No. 1 living and breathing rock star. I am Axl Rose; I am Jim Morrison; I am Jimi Hendrix.” June 19, W Magazine ...

“I made that song because I am a god…I don’t think there’s much more explanation. I’m not going to sit here and defend s--t. That s--t is rock ‘n’ roll, man. That s--t is rap music. I am a god. Now what?” June 19, W Magazine

"When someone comes up and says something like, ‘I am a god,’ everybody says ‘Who does he think he is?’ I just told you who I thought I was. A god. I just told you. That’s who I think I am," September 24, BBC Radio 1’s Zane Lowe  ...

All 31 at the Daily Beast

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Re: Kanye West lashes out at the Grammys onstage in Arizona
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 01:50:51 am »
Kanye’s ‘dangerous’ life
NY POST

If you thought it was dangerous patrolling a Taliban-infested mountain ridge in Afghanistan, or policing a gang-dominated neighborhood in Chicago, Kanye West has news for you: The life of a musical entertainer can be just as harrowing.

“I’m just giving of my body on the stage and putting my life at risk, literally,” he said during an interview about his latest tour, in which he performs atop a moving mountain. “That mountain goes really, really high and, if I slipped, you never know. And I think about it. I think about my family and I’m like, ‘Wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something.’ ”

West is not the first entertainer to compare his sacrifices to those of our men and women in uniform. In a legal deposition that became public last month, Tom Cruise likened his separation from his daughter while shooting an action flick to a soldier doing a tour of duty in Afghanistan.

The good news is that these comparisons are a back-handed tribute to the hard work of those who defend us. At least Tom and Kanye recognize that soldiers and cops take risks for us every day — and suffer deprivations to keep us safe and free. And for West, it’s only the latest in a long list of comparisons: to Steve Jobs, to Michael Jackson, to Michaelangelo, to Picasso, Walt Disney, and so on.

Maybe we shouldn’t be too hard on him. This, after all, is a rapper who appeared on the cover of Rolling Sone dressed as Jesus and is now engaged to a reality-TV star channeling her inner Elizabeth Taylor. So when Kanye West says he’s putting his life and career on the line, maybe he knows something we don’t.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org