Author Topic: Cameron: It was 'only polite' to pose in selfie  (Read 488 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cameron: It was 'only polite' to pose in selfie
« on: December 11, 2013, 05:15:42 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/192759-cameron-it-was-only-polite-to-pose-in-selfie

December 11, 2013, 11:04 am
Cameron: It was 'only polite' to pose in selfie

By Mario Trujillo

British Prime Minister David Cameron said Wednesday it was “only polite” to agree to pose in a “selfie” with the Danish prime minister and President Obama at Nelson Mandela’s memorial service on Tuesday.

Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning Schmidt actually snapped the picture. She is the daughter-in-law of Lord Kinnock, a former Labour leader in Britain, according to The Telegraph.

Cameron defended his decision and said Mandela brought people together both in his life and his death.

“In my defense I would say that Nelson Mandela played an extraordinary role in his life and in his death by bringing people together, so of course when a member of the Kinnock family asked me for a photograph, I thought it was only polite to say ‘yes,’” he said.

Cameron’s response followed a member of parliament asking him, slyly, if he had a chance to discuss cell phone international roaming charges with any heads of state in the last few days — charges that would be abolished if the country remained part of the European Union.

President Obama is receiving grief for the photo, but a number of other leaders snapped pictures during the service as well.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline olde north church

Re: Cameron: It was 'only polite' to pose in selfie
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 09:22:09 pm »
Well if others did it, you know, we can't expect anyone to live up to a greater standard.  It's unfortunate he didn't jump off the Brooklyn Bridge while everybody else was doing so.
Did parents on the west coast ask their kids if everybody jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge, etc., etc.,?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mountaineer

Re: Cameron: It was 'only polite' to pose in selfie
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 09:42:17 pm »
“In my defense I would say that Nelson Mandela played an extraordinary role in his life and in his death by bringing people together, so of course when a member of the Kinnock family asked me for a photograph, I thought it was only polite to say ‘yes,’” he said.
Well, what the heck, as long as the dead Mandela was busy "bringing people together" maybe David, Barry and Helle should have adjourned to the local no-tell motel and done some serious getting together (okay, Reggie, too).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org