Author Topic: Biden: My ancestors 'didn't all come here legally'  (Read 454 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden: My ancestors 'didn't all come here legally'
« on: December 11, 2013, 11:23:01 pm »
http://www.politico.com/politico44/?hp=

Biden: My ancestors 'didn't all come here legally'
    By REID J. EPSTEIN |
    12/11/13 4:53 PM EST

Vice President Joe Biden said Wednesday that some of his ancestors came to the United States illegally and said it’s fruitless to compare the immigration system of the 1800s to today’s.

“My great-great grandparents came escaping the famine and they didn’t all come here legally,” Biden said in response to a questioner who said her family came to the country legally from Ireland in the 1800s. “They didn’t all come legally. And the existence of the system isn’t all truncated like it is now. I’d check your ancestry to make sure that they did come legally if that’s a concern to you.”

Biden, who appeared alongside White House domestic policy chief Cecilia Munoz, several times called on House Speaker John Boehner to allow a vote on the comprehensive immigration reform bill the Senate passed in June.

It was a shift from President Barack Obama, who said last month that he could live with the House passing a series of piecemeal immigration bills.

“Pass the bill, John Boehner, bring the bill up and let us pass it,” Biden said.

Boehner, Biden said, is too concerned about his conservative flank to proceed on immigration reform.

“He is unwilling to let the House speak, he is unwilling to let the House vote,” Biden said. “John Boehner, call up the bill.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
Re: Biden: My ancestors 'didn't all come here legally'
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 12:19:46 am »
I don't even know where to start with this.  Does he even know what immigration law was in the 1800s, if there was one at all?
The Constitution is not a suggestion.

Online mountaineer

Re: Biden: My ancestors 'didn't all come here legally'
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 01:32:22 am »
I don't even know where to start with this.  Does he even know what immigration law was in the 1800s, if there was one at all?
It doesn't matter. If Joe "Stand Up Chuck" Biden says his forebears came here illegally, well who are we to doubt his considerable knowledge?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org