Author Topic: Source: McConnell will vote against budget deal brokered by Paul Ryan  (Read 940 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/11/source-mcconnell-will-vote-against-budget-deal-brokered-by-paul-ryan/

Source: McConnell will vote against budget deal brokered by Paul Ryan
1:51 PM 12/11/2013

Alex Pappas

Add the Senate’s top Republican to the list of those who will oppose the new budget deal, which conservatives are blasting for blowing through the mandated spending caps on government spending next year.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell will vote against the deal brokered by Republican Rep. Paul Ryan and Democratic Sen. Patty Murray, a knowledgeable source close to the Kentucky Republican told The Daily Caller on Wednesday.

While the budget proposal is expected to pass the Democratic-controlled Senate, McConnell joins a growing list of Republican senators — including Marco Rubio of Florida, Tom Coburn of Oklahoma and Rand Paul of Kentucky — who oppose the deal.

Ryan and Murray announced the budget deal on Tuesday evening. While the across-the-board spending cuts to government agencies in the Budget Control Act capped 2014 spending levels at $967 billion, the Ryan-Murray deal raises that spending level to $1.012 trillion with the promise of new cuts to government spending over time.

McConnell’s opposition to a deal that the House GOP leadership — including Speaker John Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor — have fully embraced isn’t much of a surprise. He has long spoken in support of keeping what’s known as the sequester cuts intact.

“I wish the budget conference well, but I do hope that at the end of the day we’ll support the Budget Control Act. It’s the law of the land,” McConnell said in November.

The Wall Street Journal reported last month that McConnell met with House Republicans last month, urging them not to get rid of the automatic budget cuts.

“His whole issue is to hold it,” Rep. Mike Coffman said of that meeting.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Source: McConnell will vote against budget deal brokered by Paul Ryan
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 08:13:05 pm »
Which tells you how popular this is with the VOTERS in the GOP.  BTW Ryan dissed Rubio for speaking out about this being a joke.  Ryan is the joke, has been since he was rolled by Biden in the October 2012 debate.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 08:15:44 pm »
Which tells you how popular this is with the VOTERS in the GOP.  BTW Ryan dissed Rubio for speaking out about this being a joke.  Ryan is the joke, has been since he was rolled by Biden in the October 2012 debate.

McConnell knows he can vote against the bill, and it will still pass. He also knows it's a bad bill for America, but he cares about his job more. I hope his constituents are watching him closely.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 08:24:56 pm »
Anyone who DOES vote vote for this is an IDIOT!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/11/Real-Savings-In-Budget-Deal-Dont-Happen-Until-2022

The budget deal announced Tuesday by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) and Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) would boost federal spending by around $65 billion over the next two years. This new spending is offset by increasing user fees, boosting pension contributions by federal employees and the military, and other minor changes. Ryan and Murray also say that the deal will reduce the deficit by $23 billion over the next 10 years. This reduction, however, doesn't start until 2022.

How many times are we going to fall for the old Wimpy line "I'll gladly pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today"?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 08:31:04 pm »

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/11/Real-Savings-In-Budget-Deal-Dont-Happen-Until-2022

The budget deal announced Tuesday by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) and Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) would boost federal spending by around $65 billion over the next two years. This new spending is offset by increasing user fees, boosting pension contributions by federal employees and the military, and other minor changes. Ryan and Murray also say that the deal will reduce the deficit by $23 billion over the next 10 years. This reduction, however, doesn't start until 2022.

How many times are we going to fall for the old Wimpy line "I'll gladly pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today"?

The "usual" people who think these progressives in both parties walk on water and approve of our printing presses going 24/7 to keep up with the spending have shown up to voice their approval.. all they care about is the sticks keep rising and screw the country.. an example if how self centered many in this country and GOP have become.  This budget is a joke on all Americans.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 08:39:32 pm »

The "usual" people who think these progressives in both parties walk on water and approve of our printing presses going 24/7 to keep up with the spending have shown up to voice their approval.. all they care about is the sticks keep rising and screw the country.. an example if how self centered many in this country and GOP have become.  This budget is a joke on all Americans.

It's a joke all right but not the least bit funny!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 08:46:05 pm »

Give me $65 billion now, and I will save you $23 billion over the next 10 years. Where's the logic in that? Besides, it won't happen, and everyone in Congress knows that.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 08:53:51 pm »
Give me $65 billion now, and I will save you $23 billion over the next 10 years. Where's the logic in that? Besides, it won't happen, and everyone in Congress knows that.

Wimpy never ever pays for the hamburgers! Not ever!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 09:13:10 pm »

Ryan's a joke?  He could have gotten a helluva lot better deal had it not been for the disastrous effects of Cruz's shutdown.  The shutdown weakened the GOP's bargaining position;  Ryan had to make additional compromises to get the support of Democrats for the budget since the "burn it all down" Tea Partiers won't vote for this.

Ryan got a pretty good deal, it seems to me, since both the far left and far right hate it.  It also keeps the focus on Obamacare and its ills by taking the budget off the table.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline happyg

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 09:43:02 pm »
It wasn't Cruz's shutdown. Obama refused to negotiate.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 09:46:51 pm »
Ryan's a joke?  He could have gotten a helluva lot better deal had it not been for the disastrous effects of Cruz's shutdown.  The shutdown weakened the GOP's bargaining position;  Ryan had to make additional compromises to get the support of Democrats for the budget since the "burn it all down" Tea Partiers won't vote for this.

Ryan got a pretty good deal, it seems to me, since both the far left and far right hate it.  It also keeps the focus on Obamacare and its ills by taking the budget off the table.

Ummm Cruz did not shut down the government. Obama and Harry Reid shut down the government.  Would be really nice if you actually got your facts right for a change. Interesting you are praising this now they gutted the Sequester which you were downright giddy swearing Boehner would never fold on the Sequester.

Fact is this bill is a joke. The so-called fee on flying is not going to fund the TSA who has seen it budget more than double while we have fewer people flying - this fee is going into the GENERAL FUND - like our SS money goes into the general fund..... it is a tax under the guise of a flipping fee.

Paul Ryan is not and has never been a conservative - there is not a single spending bill he has not voted in favor of and the worst of the lot was his support for TARP - but then so did you support TARP.... as long as your stocks keep rising you don't give a damn how badly this country circles the toilet.