Author Topic: Slate...Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore  (Read 512 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Slate...Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore
« on: December 11, 2013, 05:23:27 pm »
http://www.slate.com/articles/life/holidays/2013/12/santa_claus_an_old_white_man_not_anymore_meet_santa_the_penguin_a_new_christmas.html

Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore

It’s time to give St. Nick his long overdue makeover.
By Aisha Harri

When I was a kid, I knew two different Santa Clauses. The first had a fat belly, rosy cheeks, a long white beard, and skin as pink as bubble gum. He was omnipresent, visiting my pre-school and the local mall, visible in all of my favorite Christmas specials.

Then there was the Santa in my family’s household, in the form of ornaments, cards, and holiday figurines. A near-carbon copy of the first one—big belly, rosy cheeks, long white beard: check, check, check. But his skin was as dark as mine.

Seeing two different Santas was bewildering. Eventually I asked my father what Santa really looked like. Was he brown, like us? Or was he really a white guy?

continued at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Slate...Santa Claus Should Not Be a White Man Anymore
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 06:37:30 pm »
I wish people would study history once in  while.  Santa is of Norwegian descent... Norweigens are WHiTE.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 07:23:41 pm »
I think its a great idea.  I think the kids would fall in love with the idea of a terrorist on a desert sled pulled by 6 camels with presents consisting of hand grenades, sabers, AK47s,  plastic explosives, and instruction manuals for homemade explosive devices but only for those "good" children who have beheaded someone. :silly:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 07:49:44 pm »

"Ho, Ho, Ho".
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn