Author Topic: "We are going to get all of the money back that we invested in those car companies" Obama, 2010, "The View."  (Read 536 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

The Treasury announced Monday that it sold its remaining shares in GM, whose U.S. brands include Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC. But the automaker may want to hold off an ad blitz this time around. That's because the final chunk of a progressive sell-down means we can finally total the losses, and the bill for taxpayers is $10.5 billion.
[emphasis added]
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Oceander

Anyone want to imagine how loudly Pelosi and Reid would be howling for the impeachment of GWB if this had happened in 2006 instead of 2013?

Online mountaineer

Another day, another lie.
Hey, how 'bout those Kardashians!?!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline SouthTexas

[emphasis added]The Treasury announced Monday that it sold its remaining shares in GM, whose U.S. brands include Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC. But the automaker may want to hold off an ad blitz this time around. That's because the final chunk of a progressive sell-down means we can finally total the losses, and the bill for taxpayers is $10.5 billion.

No, no, it's the Republicans that bail out the corporations!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
No, no, it's the Republicans that bail out the corporations!

But in this case it was the UNIONS who got bailed out! Even to the point of taking private equity from it's rightful owners and just flat out giving it to the unions!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien