Author Topic: Pastor son of Obama's spiritual advisor 'commits suicide' after admitting affair and having domestic violence order against him  (Read 412 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2522013/Isaac-Hunter-Pastor-son-Obamas-spiritual-advisor-Joel-Hunter-commits-suicide.html

The troubled son of a church pastor who is a spiritual advisor to Barack Obama has died in an apparent suicide.

Father-of-three Isaac Hunter, 36, had been battling problems since resigning from a Florida megachurch he founded after admitting to an affair with a staff member last year.

A judge also granted his wife a domestic-violence petition after claiming his erratic behavior and alcohol abuse had left her 'fearing for my life and the lives of our three children.'

According to court documents, Hunter had written an undated suicide note saying: 'I have become what I never wished to be, a burden on those I love the most'.

Darling Murray, a co-ordinator at Summit Church in Orlando, revealed the news of his death in an e-mail yesterday, reports the Orlando Sentinel.

He said: 'We found out today that Isaac took his life. We are obviously deeply, deeply devastated and saddened beyond words by this news.

'We are praying for his family and this congregation as we walk through this together.'

Hunter is the middle child of Joel Hunter, a Northland Church pastor who has been speaking to Mr Obama almost once a week since his 2008 presidential campaign, reports CNN.

A week after admitting his affair in November last year, Isaac Hunter's wife, Rhonda, filed a domestic-violence petition against her husband, claiming he was unstable, erratic and suicidal.