Author Topic: Yours for $175! Obama family pop-up holiday cards going for $175 on eBay . . . just don't expect the word 'Christmas' on them  (Read 1041 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2521453/Obama-family-pop-holiday-cards-going-175-eBay.html

Were you left off Barack and Michelle Obama's holiday card list this year? Fear not: You can buy one online if you have $175 to spend.

But don't expect a Christmas greeting. The White House has opted for a more politically correct reference to 'this season,' avoiding mentions of Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, and even the made-up Festivus holiday.

'As we gather around this season,' the cards read, 'may the warmth and joy of the holidays fill your home.'

Despite the vague holiday message, at least a dozen eBay auctions have offered the cards for sale this week, and half of them have found buyers.

from the comment section....Of course Obama doesn't have the word "Christmas" on those cards. "Happy Ramadan," yes, "Merry Christmas," no.

Expect sales to be a bit on the slow side, unless the sellers accept EBT cards as payment.

Online NavyCanDo

Both Christmas cards I received from President  Bush avoided the word “Christmas”, settling instead for Holiday and Season of Goodwill, - not much different than what you may see on most of the Christmas Cards you would pick up. I do think such wording is the norm for cards coming from the Whitehouse -  BUT, both cards also had inscribed Bible verses.

Christmas 2001
Thy Face , Lord Do I Seek; I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.   
Psalm: 27:8.13

Christmas 2000   (President Elect)
And You will seek me and find me when you search for me with all of your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:53:12 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline andy58-in-nh

Well, at least the White House as displayed is flying an American flag.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

Well, at least the White House as displayed is flying an American flag.
For now ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Millee

I'm surprised they don't depict the doggies peeing on the White House.   :whistle:

rangerrebew

I'm surprised "Allahu Akbar" wasn't on the card.