Author Topic: Yours for $175! Obama family pop-up holiday cards going for $175 on eBay . . . just don't expect the word 'Christmas' on them  (Read 331 times)

Offline flowers

Were you left off Barack and Michelle Obama's holiday card list this year? Fear not: You can buy one online if you have $175 to spend.

But don't expect a Christmas greeting. The White House has opted for a more politically correct reference to 'this season,' avoiding mentions of Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, and even the made-up Festivus holiday.

'As we gather around this season,' the cards read, 'may the warmth and joy of the holidays fill your home.'

Despite the vague holiday message, at least a dozen eBay auctions have offered the cards for sale this week, and half of them have found buyers.

from the comment section....Of course Obama doesn't have the word "Christmas" on those cards. "Happy Ramadan," yes, "Merry Christmas," no.

Expect sales to be a bit on the slow side, unless the sellers accept EBT cards as payment.

Offline NavyCanDo

Both Christmas cards I received from President  Bush avoided the word “Christmas”, settling instead for Holiday and Season of Goodwill, - not much different than what you may see on most of the Christmas Cards you would pick up. I do think such wording is the norm for cards coming from the Whitehouse -  BUT, both cards also had inscribed Bible verses.
Christmas 2001
Thy Face , Lord Do I Seek; I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.   
Psalm: 27:8.13

Christmas 2000   (President Elect)
And You will seek me and find me when you search for me with all of your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 08:53:12 AM by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online andy58-in-nh

Well, at least the White House as displayed is flying an American flag.
Why has Trump done scores of interviews on Fox and virtually nowhere else the last two months? Because he’s not interested in winning over undecideds, independents, or swing voters — you know the sort of thing serious presidential candidates do. No, he’s reselling the same product to people who’ve already bought it so he can take the customers with him after the election.

Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Online mountaineer

Well, at least the White House as displayed is flying an American flag.
For now ...
“Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual – or at least that he ought not so to do; but rather he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country.” Samuel Adams, April 16, 1781.

Offline Millee

I'm surprised they don't depict the doggies peeing on the White House.   :whistle:

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
I'm surprised "Allahu Akbar" wasn't on the card.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo