Author Topic: GOP Congressman to Rush: We're Scared of Another Shutdown, Will Make Budget Deal  (Read 458 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/12/10/gop_congressman_to_rush_we_re_scared_of_another_shutdown_will_make_budget_deal

GOP Congressman to Rush: We're Scared of Another Shutdown, Will Make Budget Deal
December 10, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Lakeside, California.  Hi, Chris.  Great to have you on the program.  Hello.

CALLER:  Good morning.  Mega dittos, Rush.

RUSH:  Thank you.  Thanks very much.

CALLER:  Hey, I'm extremely concerned about what's going on, and I just think people are still in major denial here about what's going on.  My husband and I recent --

RUSH:  With what?

CALLER:  Well, with Obamacare and what really is the purpose of it.  We went up to the Reagan library, which I'd never been up before, and I actually got rejuvenated by reading all his wonderful quotes and his positive and his love for his country and all that kind of stuff.

RUSH:  Did you see the pictures of me speaking there?

CALLER:  Yes.

RUSH:  No, I'm joking.  That's the kind of Obama would ask.  "Did you see me when you went to the Reagan library?"  I was just kidding.

CALLER:  No.  We -- we --

RUSH:  You saw Air Force One hanging from the rafters?

CALLER:  We did.

RUSH:  Was that not amazing?

CALLER:  It is amazing.  It's an amazing place, and we touched the piece of the Berlin Wall, and, you know, he was such a great guy, and I feel bad that Romney. I think Romney was a real sincere American, but I don't think he was honest enough with the people and pushed hard enough like Reagan would have done.  I've been a Republican since I was 18 years old, and I'm 58, and I just recently left, and I use Reagan's quote: "I didn't leave them; they left me."

RUSH:  Romney, you take your pick of 'em.  There aren't very many Republicans who are willing to be honest with the American people approximate who the Democrats are and what we're up against.

CALLER:  No, and we're dying for it out here.  I would beg somebody to do it.  It's just... It's infuriating.  I look at Obamacare, and I think, "This is where I think it is."

RUSH:  I talked to a member of Congress last night.

CALLER:  Yeah?

RUSH:  You know what?  They're scared. They're gonna do a budget. They're gonna do a budget because they're just scared to death of another shutdown and losing PR. So they're gonna do a deal. They're gonna give away some sequester stuff because, they claim, "Look, if there's another shutdown and we get blamed for it, it takes Obamacare off the front page." So they are just in total defensive mode.  They're just scared to death that there's gonna be a shutdown and that they're gonna be blamed for it and they won't recover from it so there's no push-back, and there isn't gonna be.

CALLER:  Well, that's the scary part, and you look at Obamacare, and I think, you know, the death panels? I mean, we know they're in there, and what's the purpose of that?  I think it's to lower all the people that are on Social Security. They're gonna send 'em all home with a pill and say, "Here, go home and die. You're not worth saving."

RUSH:  Why would they do that?  Why do you think they would do that?

CALLER:  Get 'em off Social Security, and because in a communist country, in my opinion, you don't want people alive who know freedom.

RUSH:  You really think that one of the objectives is to withhold medical care and treatment --

CALLER:  Yeah.

RUSH:  -- from seasoned citizens so as to basically thin the herd?

RUSH:  To get rid of the elderly population, to save some money because we simply don't have the money to provide Social Security and health care for everybody?

RUSH:  So the people --

RUSH:  -- who have lived most of their lives.

CALLER:  Uh-huh.

RUSH:  -- by now, "Let's just send 'em home with a pain pill"?

RUSH:  You really believe that?

CALLER:  I absolutely, bottom line, believe that.

RUSH:  That's what you think people are in denial about?

CALLER:  Yes.  They think, "Oh, it's free! Oh, boy," you know, all this fun stuff instead of being like, "Yeah, just wait until you need to go to the doctor," and then, Rush, I saw 2016, and then what I think is next is the middle class.  Because did you ever see Dr. Zhivago?

RUSH:  Yeah, I think so, but I might have been drunk. I don't remember.

CALLER:  Well, okay, you ought to watch it again because it's the Russian Revolution and all there was were the two classes.  There was the rich -- which is gonna be Obama and Hollywood and all those, the rich class -- and then the middle class is gone, and then it's just poor people living on the street. They don't have heat, don't have food.  I believe 2016. I saw the movie. I said, "Yep, that's where we're headed."

RUSH:  It'll be the poor people and people that work for Google.

CALLER:  Well, yeah, okay. I'll buy that.

RUSH:  Yeah.

CALLER:  They'll be rich.

RUSH:  That's what, I mean.

RUSH:  The haves and have-nots.

CALLER:  Anyway, it's very frustrating.

RUSH:  Look, I think there's a growing awareness.  I don't think that many people think it's just this gigantic freebie anymore.  I think a lot of people, and more so each day, are becoming aware of what this really is.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

I'm betting it was all Rush could do to stop himself from bursting out laughing at this conspiracy nut.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.