Author Topic: Santa warns in Greenpeace video Christmas will be canceled due to global warming  (Read 469 times)

rangerrebew

Santa Warns In Greenpeace Video Christmas Will Be Canceled Due To Global Warming

December 10, 2013 12:27 PM

WASHINGTON (CBSDC) — Greenpeace is warning children the world over Santa Claus might not be bringing gifts to them because of global warming.

A “Save the Arctic” video released by the environmental group shows a sullen and dirty Santa – played by Jim Carter of “Downton Abbey” — in a dark, concrete room with water dripping from the ceiling.

“Dear children, I regrettably bring bad tidings. For some time now, melting ice here in the North Pole has made our operations and our day-to-day life intolerable and impossible and there may be no alternative but to cancel Christmas,” Santa warned in the Greenpeace video.

Santa claims he has written world leaders, including Presidents Barack Obama and Vladimir Putin, but to no avail.

“Sadly my letters have been met with indifference,” Santa says, as lights begin to flicker in the room like a horror movie. “Needless to say these individuals are now at the top of my naughty list.”

In the end, Santa urges those watching to sign a petition to “Save Santa’s Home.”

“My home in the Arctic is fast disappearing and unless we all act urgently then I have to warn you of the possibility of an empty stocking forevermore. Please help me.”

The petition claims global warming is causing the North Pole to melt away faster and faster. The petition also warns of oil companies trying to drill in the Arctic.

“World leaders are ignoring the reindeer’s cries for help as they sink in the melting ice,” the petition states. “Even the threat of being on Santa’s naughty list hasn’t prompted a rescue operation.”

If Santa was living in the South Pole along with Mrs. Claus and his reindeers, though, they would need to bundle up.

NASA satellite data showed that Earth set a new record for coldest temperature recorded when in August 2010, East Antarctica was 135.8 degrees Fahrenheit below zero.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/12/10/santa-warns-in-greenpeace-video-christmas-will-be-canceled-due-to-global-warming/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:20:11 am by rangerrebew »