Author Topic: Obama Talks About Himself in Mandela Eulogy  (Read 1565 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Talks About Himself in Mandela Eulogy
« on: December 10, 2013, 03:15:06 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/12/10/Obama-Talks-About-Himself-at-Mandela-Memorial

by Joel B. Pollak 10 Dec 2013, 4:41 AM PDT post a comment
President Barack Obama delivered a eulogy to South Africa's late President Nelson Mandela at First National Bank Stadium in Soweto, Johannesburg on Tuesday, before a large crowd that had gathered in the rain for a memorial together with dozens of heads of state from around the world. The president's address was devoted to Mandela's life and example. However, as in most Obama addresses, he could not resist talking about himself.

"For the people of South Africa, for those he inspired around the globe--Madiba’s passing is rightly a time of mourning, and a time to celebrate his heroic life," President Obama said in remarks prepared for delivery. But I believe it should also prompt in each of us a time for self-reflection. With honesty, regardless of our station or circumstance, we must ask:  how well have I applied his lessons in my own life? It is a question I ask myself--as a man and as a President."

"Over thirty years ago, while still a student," he said later in his address, "I learned of Mandela and the struggles in this land.  It stirred something in me.  It woke me up to my responsibilities--to others, and to myself--and set me on an improbable journey that finds me here today.  And while I will always fall short of Madiba’s example, he makes me want to be better."

President Obama turned some of his self-reflections into a political message, reinforcing his recent campaign against inequality--and launching veiled attacks at his opponents at home (emphasis added):

We know that like South Africa, the United States had to overcome centuries of racial subjugation.  As was true here, it took the sacrifice of countless people--known and unknown--to see the dawn of a new day.  Michelle and I are the beneficiaries of that struggle.  But in America and South Africa, and countries around the globe, we cannot allow our progress to cloud the fact that our work is not done.....There are too many of us who happily embrace Madiba’s legacy of racial reconciliation, but passionately resist even modest reforms that would challenge chronic poverty and growing inequality.

The President touched on some of the more important elements of Mandela's legacy, noting that while the South African leader was determined to defend his "core principles," Mandela "was not afraid to compromise for the sake of a larger goal." It is a balance that President Obama has struggled to achieve in his dealings with the political opposition at home, to the frustration of both his supporters and his critics.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Obama Talks About Himself in Mandela Eulogy
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 03:21:00 pm »
There are too many of us who happily embrace Madiba’s legacy of racial reconciliation, but passionately resist even modest reforms that would challenge chronic poverty and growing inequality.
Of course, in post-Madiba/Mandela South Africa, there's not even a hint of poverty or inequality. Life is good, the birdies sing and everyone is happy all the live-long day.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 03:50:45 pm »
Comment at Michelle Obama's Mirror:
And just one more thing, it's really inappropriate for Hussein to be calling Mandela "Mandiba," his tribal and familiar name. As we know, he or his shadow encountered Mandela only once. They are not on nick-name basis. (Just trying to throw a squirrel out there to distract from the absolute horror of Hussein bowing to Castro.. I'd say, not only Kennedy, but probably Kruschev, too, are rolling over in their graves.)

Also at that link, the Odumbo entourage (complete with Mooch's hoochie dress):

That fellow in front of her is getting an eyeful.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 03:52:11 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 03:58:39 pm »

She's always so graceful and ladylike.  :thud:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 05:04:02 pm »
"But I believe it should also prompt in each of us a time for self-reflection. With honesty, regardless of our station or circumstance, we must ask:  how well have I applied his lessons in my own life? It is a question I ask myself--as a man and as a President."

"Over thirty years ago, while still a student, I learned of Mandela and the struggles in this land.  It stirred something in me.  It woke me up to my responsibilities--to others, and to myself--and set me on an improbable journey that finds me here today.  And while I will always fall short of Madiba’s example, he makes me want to be better."

As always: Obama is compelled to be the center of attention, most especially at events designed to honor others.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 05:22:37 pm »

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 07:03:32 pm »
I see mamasan came along............. and poor BO is out in the rain - no one to hold his brella in Africa......

and as they point out - still bowing to dictators

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 07:04:40 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 07:11:46 pm »
I can (barely) tolerate the bend to Castro. Obama is like a foot taller and looking someone in the eyes is polite. But:

And just one more thing, it's really inappropriate for Hussein to be calling Mandela "Mandiba," his tribal and familiar name. As we know, he or his shadow encountered Mandela only once. They are not on nick-name basis.

Massive damned insult. Does he not have a single person who knows protocol beyond what is done in Washington?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 07:12:54 pm »
I can (barely) tolerate the bend to Castro. Obama is like a foot taller and looking someone in the eyes is polite. But:

he should not have even acknowledged Castro........ much less bent over for him....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 08:23:29 pm »
Mark Levin
Oh my

Twitter / TheBlogPirate: This lmao! Michelle Obama vs ...
twitter.com

8:01 AM - 10 Dec 13
Related headlines
Obama in the Doghouse After Taking Too-Friendly Selfie with Danish PM
Gawker @Gawker

Le selfie qui énerve Michelle Obama (selon les internautes)
Le HuffPost @LeHuffPost

Primera ministra danesa se hace un 'selfie' con Obama durante el funeral de Mandela
RT en Español @ActualidadRT

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 09:10:33 pm »
I heard about his wandering eyes at an attractive young lady but how can he do that when liberals are trying to crack down on men getting some eye candy? :shrug:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 07:42:41 pm »

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline olde north church

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 07:59:43 pm »

I'm surprised a few tentacles didn't shoot out from under that dress to grab a snack for later.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 08:18:52 pm »
That pic: I wonder if Obama is saying to Michelle, Valerie, et.al., "See!. There's my name, right there."
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 08:29:19 pm »
Andy, those photos are even funnier, now that we know the "interpreter" wasn't doing any known sign language, he was just waving his hands around.  ^-^