Author Topic: Ex-Clinton Aide Expected to Join Obama  (Read 325 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Ex-Clinton Aide Expected to Join Obama
« on: December 09, 2013, 10:21:38 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Ex-Clinton Aide Expected to Join Obama
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 10:49:04 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 10:51:49 PM »

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 12:41:04 AM »
The illegal actions of the Obama administration leaves Congress with only a few options.

(1) Impeachment: highly unlikely no matter what he has done.

(2) Appeal to the Courts: they haven't done so thus far and I am not even sure what grounds they would sue, nor if they have "standing". But then, who does in these situations?

(3) Cut off his funding: this they can do but that, of course, would lead to another government shut down and the Republicans would take the hit, even if they were doing so in order to protect the Constitution and the rule of law.

Anyone else have any ideas? It would appear we have a a third rate dictator as President and no one can stop him. Once again, events show character means a lot when it comes to our leaders.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 01:57:23 AM »
He's flaunting the law and the Constitution because he can. We have a Constitutional requirement the president is a natural born system - but no checks and balances to make it so.   

Obama is breaking the law by rewriting Obamacare - but congress is neutered as far as stopping him because the person suing to stop him has to have "standing" and I guess going against the law and usurping congress doesn't actually GIVE congress standing to legally stop him.  I guess up til now the presidents have obeyed they law because it was the right thing to do, but most have been pushing the envelope a little further than the last to see how far they can go and this president is all in... I knew in 2008 he was going to move for a total takeover and it looks more and more like this is exactly what is happening and in the meantime  8888crybaby Boehner is pushing forward with immigration reform when all effort SHOULD be on stopping this takeover of our country.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf