Author Topic: Ben Affleck Says He 'Probably' Wouldn't Like Someone if They Voted Republican  (Read 853 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/12/09/affleck-not-friends-republicans

by Christian Toto 9 Dec 2013, 12:15 PM PDT

Ben Affleck is smart enough to know an actor taking up political causes can shatter the illusion movies are meant to conjure.

Yet the Argo director and avowed liberal still sticks his foot in his mouth during a new interview with Playboy Magazine by insulting half of his audience.

Seems he's not sure he can be friends with anyone who pulls the lever repeatedly for GOP politicians.

The future Dark Knight (Affleck plays Batman in the upcoming Man of Steel sequel) said he can't help but consider an actor's politics while watching movies, and he takes that information to heart.

When I watch a guy [on screen] I know is a big Republican, part of me thinks, I probably wouldn’t like this person if I met him, or we would have different opinions. That shit fogs the mind when you should be paying attention and be swept into the illusion.

Affleck isn't alone in his lack of tolerance. Singer Katy Perry went so far as to not invite her parents to President Barack Obama's inauguration because they dared to call themselves Republican.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Oh Ben...you're not too smart are you...see Repubs like to go to the movies too but I bet they won't be seeing any of your films...not too smart for business buddy!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline raml

I don't dislike all democrats but I would never be a friend to a liberal democrat who spouts the progressive way. I haven't been to a movie of Ben's for years because of his big liberal mouth. I also quit going to anything of Brad Pitts and many others who open their mouths about their liberal leanings. I continue to go see movies if the actors haven't spouted their liberal leanings even if I suspect they are liberals as long as they keep their thoughts to themselves.

Offline darlene

These Hollywood people that think they are democrats make me laugh. I was raised by a union business agent that Always voted for a democrat and he would think they were crazy for the entitlement programs that are being pushed down our throats, how the government wants to run our lives and the amount of taxes we are going to need to pay for this socialized medicine. The old style was a man had to make a living to provide for his family and to have that he needed an education or skill but now there is a large portion of the nation that wants to be given everything and not work and getting the government to hand out money and benefits to them is like a badge of skill. Actors are paid for their ability to reach alot of people and the democrats are becoming masters of working the media to their advantage. Really Ben Affleck is a B actor and doesn't have the draw of the A actors. Not very many people will take what he says and try to follow his advice. Just wish the republicans would learn that they are in a fight with a man that learned how to play dirty and will use every outlet to get what he wants. Trust is not a word any of those actors know about.

Offline R4 TrumPence

These Hollywood people that think they are democrats make me laugh. I was raised by a union business agent that Always voted for a democrat and he would think they were crazy for the entitlement programs that are being pushed down our throats, how the government wants to run our lives and the amount of taxes we are going to need to pay for this socialized medicine. The old style was a man had to make a living to provide for his family and to have that he needed an education or skill but now there is a large portion of the nation that wants to be given everything and not work and getting the government to hand out money and benefits to them is like a badge of skill. Actors are paid for their ability to reach alot of people and the democrats are becoming masters of working the media to their advantage. Really Ben Affleck is a B actor and doesn't have the draw of the A actors. Not very many people will take what he says and try to follow his advice. Just wish the republicans would learn that they are in a fight with a man that learned how to play dirty and will use every outlet to get what he wants. Trust is not a word any of those actors know about.
Good Post! Good to see you here! (Tracy) :seeya:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Ben Affleck, Katy Perry and their ilk are just useful fools. 

Welcome to The Briefing Room Darlene!

0005a
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Cincinnatus

Singer Katy Perry went so far as to not invite her parents to President Barack Obama's inauguration because they dared to call themselves Republican.

If you were bestowed the honor to perform at a presidential inauguration, wouldn't you want your parents in attendance regardless of their political beliefs?

Pop diva Katy Perry doesn't think so, for she told Marie Claire in an interview published Monday that because her parents are Republicans that didn't vote for Barack Obama, they couldn't watch her perform at his inauguration in January:

SANTA BARBARA is the place Perry gets to be Katheryn Hudson, "which is really important because Katheryn Hudson is the one who wanted to be a musician. I get to be centered again, to really breathe." Her evangelical parents, Keith Hudson and Mary Perry Hudson, and siblings, Angela Hudson and David Hudson, have all moved away and remain an integral part of her life. (Angela, a yoga instructor, accompanies her on tour and lives next door in L.A.) As Perry tells it, her parents met when Mary, "a pot-smoking debutante" and freelance journalist, was covering a tent revival in Las Vegas, which Keith, an acid-dropping hippie turned preacher, was attending. "People don't understand that I have a great relationship with my parents—like, how that can exist," she says. "There isn't any judgment. They don't necessarily agree with everything I do, but I don't necessarily agree with everything they do. They're at peace with—they pray for me is what they do. They're fascinated with the idea that they created someone who has this much attention on her. My parents are Republicans, and I'm not. They didn't vote for Obama, but when I was asked to sing at the inauguration, they were like, 'We can come.' And I was like, 'No, you can't. I love you so much, but that—on principle.' They understood, but I was like, 'How dare you?' in a way."

How dare they want an opportunity to see their daughter perform at a presidential inauguration?

How dare they?

If they were willing to put aside their political beliefs to see their daughter perform for the president, couldn't she?

Apparently not.

Pretty sickening, isn't it?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/12/09/katy-perry-banned-republican-parents-seeing-her-perform-obama-inaugur
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online mountaineer

When I watch a guy [on screen] I know is a big Republican, part of me thinks, I probably wouldn’t like this person if I met him, or we would have different opinions. That shit fogs the mind when you should be paying attention and be swept into the illusion.
I "probably" wouldn't waste the money to see a Ben Affleck movie. No, wait, I never have.

Poor Ben's mind certainly does appear to be $#!t-fogged (a term with which I'd heretofore been unfamiliar).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org