Author Topic: Human-trafficking sting in Perrysburg arrests 6  (Read 1127 times)

Offline happyg

Human-trafficking sting in Perrysburg arrests 6
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:04:01 pm »
BLADE STAFF

A Toledo man suspected of forcing women into prostitution was one of six men arrested Thursday in a human-trafficking sting in Perrysburg.

Laron Gregory, 34, is charged with one count of promoting prostitution, a fourth-degree felony, during the bust at an undisclosed hotel on Fremont Pike, Wood County Sheriff Mark Wasylyshyn said.

Arrested for solicitation of a prostitute, a third-degree misdemeanor, were: James Tyrrell, 33, of Bowling Green; Carl Kelley, 44, of Whitehouse; Dennis Mahon, 54, of Toledo; and Michael Palmer, 37, of Ida, Mich. Mounir Boutros, 50, of Sylvania, was arrested for attempted solicitation, a fourth-degree misdemeanor.

Two women who also were present at the hotel were not arrested because officials believe they were there against their will, Sheriff Wasylyshyn said.

The Wood County Sheriff's Office, Perrysburg police, and the Ohio Attorney General's office all cooperated in the human-trafficking enforcement effort.
Picture at link: https://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2013/12/06/Human-trafficking-sting-in-Perrysburg-arrests-6.html

Offline musiclady

Re: Human-trafficking sting in Perrysburg arrests 6
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 11:24:41 pm »
The Toledo area is one of the worst in the country for sex trafficking.

It's good that they got a few of these evil slavers.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 11:49:36 pm »
The Toledo area is one of the worst in the country for sex trafficking.

It's good that they got a few of these evil slavers.

This is getting to close to home. Our children aren't safe from these kinds of monsters.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 01:48:21 am »
This is getting to close to home. Our children aren't safe from these kinds of monsters.

It's WAY too close to home!

I found out a few years ago that Toledo was one of the worst cities in the country for trafficking (it's a port city), and I freaked out.  Our daughter is working in anti-trafficking, and I know much more than I'd like to know about how evil the human condition is.

This is horrible............and just a relatively few miles away.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 02:17:13 am »
There's a show on ID (Investigation Discovery) channel right now about those two girls from Toledo who were forced into prosecution.