Author Topic: Former Obama auto czar: progressive dems 'scare me'  (Read 476 times)

rangerrebew

Former Obama auto czar: progressive dems 'scare me'
« on: December 09, 2013, 10:52:43 pm »
Newsmax

Former Obama Auto Czar: Progressive Dems 'Scare Me'

Monday, December 9, 2013 01:41 PM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

The Democratic Party may be lurching too far to the left for some of its more moderate members, including Morning Joe economic contributor Steve Rattner.

"As a centrist Democrat, I am scared about the progressive wing of my party — I'm scared," said Rattner, a former member of President Barack Obama's task force on the auto industry crisis, The National Review reports.

Rattner and show host Joe Scarborough were pushing back at one-time presidential candidate Howard Dean, who was arguing that a left-leaning Democratic party would not pose a problem for the nation.

Urgent:  Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now in Urgent Poll

"I think [former president] Bill Clinton put our party right back where it belongs," said Rattner. "We could have been [former candidate] Michael Dukakis for the next 20 years. I want us to stay there."

See videos below.

The overall exchange got heated between Scarborough and Dean. At one point, Scarborough, a former Republican congressman from Florida, accused Dean of spouting "Carl Bernstein nonsense."

Their argument started over a Wall Street Journal opinion piece by the centrist Democratic group "The Third Way, which claimed proposals from Massachusetts Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren and New York City's new Democratic Mayor Bill de Blasio will prove disastrous for the party.

Related Stories:

Warren, Liberal Faction Gaining Control Among Democrats

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/steve-rattner-progressive-democrats-scare/2013/12/09/id/540842?promo_code=10E2A-1&utm_source=10E2AWaznmentobe&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:53:33 pm by rangerrebew »